HillBill knife review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I was asked to write a wee review as this knife is a much appreciated gift, but the owner doesn't want to distract from it's credibility by any kind of partisan bias.

Can you guess who this wee beauty was made for ? ( she's "not as fierce as feared" ;) )

P1020184.jpg

P1020186.jpg

It was made by HillBill on this forum. Overall it's 14cm long with the blade being 5cm of that. The handle is Yew and it has red liners, which are made from vulcanised fibre. 4mm Brass pins and a 6mm brass lanyard tube.

Even though it's made for a much smaller hand that mine it's remarkably comfortable to hold and use. The first thing I thought when I saw it was " that'll make a lovely carver" and indeed it does.

It breezes through the usual "try stick" type cuts, the tip is excellent for delicate carving and feels like it has a lot of strength even though it's so fine. The shape of the handle makes it very comfortable to use for long periods of time and you always feel in control of the bade.

I had a play with a woodspirit..

P1020194.jpg

I do like a small blade for general use and this little one fits that role perfectly. The blade itself is an ideal size to have with you and performs any task you throw at it with ease.

The sheath and dangler are also excellent with the stitching and general shape and finish of the sheath being spot on.

Being so small you don't even notice it on your belt but it's there if you need a capable blade for almost any of those wee tasks you always need a knife for when you're out and about. All in all it's a wee cracker and I know the new owner loves it and it's going to get well used

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The woodspirit looks good :)

I wasn't expecting Mary to send it off for review. Its been nice to read though :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The woodspirit looks good :)

I wasn't expecting Mary to send it off for review. Its been nice to read though :)

I know, but, it's a very much appreciated Thank you gift :) and this way I get to show it off and no one can complain about my review being biased :D
It's everything Stuart has written about it :cool: and it's not only sound to use, it's incredibly comfortable too. *No* hot spots, even when I used it for over an hour getting the hard cuticle off a bone dry fomes and freeing the spark catching layer :approve:

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE