Hello from North Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 21, 2023
Harrogate
Hi, I'm John, living in between Harrogate and Knaresborough. I've been wild-camping for about 15 years, mostly solo, both backpacking and cycling. I spend 100 times more time thinking, making and planning than I do camping, and would like to change that. I'm excited by the 1995 Marin Eldridge Grade bike I bought from a local charity for 65 quid last year - they don't make 'em like that anymore. I'm currently putting kit together ready for some trips. I'm interested in bushcraft, upcycling stuff and making ... do & mending ... but sometimes indulge in techy kit, like my trusty old Laser Competition tent I've had for about 12 years. I'd also like to learn more about responsible camping (particularly how to manage the issues around wild-camping in Britain), identifying land ownership and negotiating permissions, and helping campaigns for better access to Britain's wild spaces while protecting the land and its wildlife. I blog occasionally about my trips (since they are very occasional), but I won't post a link until I check more about the dos and don'ts of that. Great to be here, and looking forward to chatting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE