Hanwag Tatra from woodlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I just would like to say a big thank you to Mr H M at Woodlore for standing by me with a pair of hanwag tatra GTX boots i have had quite a few problems with.

They issued a refund today, although i bought the boots back in January this year, without any problems and were extremely helpful. I wont go into too much moaning about the faults with these hanwags, but they really did let me down after a relatively small amount of use and i am really disappointed with the manufacturing quality compared to an old pair of LX SF boots that have just needing to be resoled.

i regret to say I will be looking at other brands from now on.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Hi richy,

How are you getting on with your brenners?

Any problems?

and where were they made?

cheers

Mar 14, 2018
Thornbury
I just would like to say a big thank you to Mr H M at Woodlore for standing by me with a pair of hanwag tatra GTX boots i have had quite a few problems with.

They issued a refund today, although i bought the boots back in January this year, without any problems and were extremely helpful. I wont go into too much moaning about the faults with these hanwags, but they really did let me down after a relatively small amount of use and i am really disappointed with the manufacturing quality compared to an old pair of LX SF boots that have just needing to be resoled.

i regret to say I will be looking at other brands from now on.

I would be interested to know what the faults were as I have a pair of these, purchased around 18 months ago.

Thanks

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
It started a few months after i bought them. the rand around the toe started to come off.

I sent them back to RM and hanwag had them repaired. a few months later without heavy use, the same thing happened again.

I am pretty sure that the soles started to come away too but i cant find the pics.EDIT found pics.

these boots were clearly marked made in slovakia when they arrived so it could have been a dodgy batch.

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
mm yeah i was really disappointed. especially as they cost so much. I have a pair of hanwag LX SF military boot which have done loads of miles.
only after 10 years?? the sole actually completely fell off both boots. the glue must have just gave in. gonna get them repaired as they are great boots.

I am looking at meindl Taiga and Lowa tibet now, maybe Haix of some type, although ideally i would like a non goretex boot that is as high 10/11 inches +

saying that though I had a pair of lowa innox mid gtx coyote and the left boot leaked like a sieve so I got my money back on those too.

kit just aint what it used to be.......

Mar 14, 2018
Thornbury
I was edging towards a pair of Meindl's at the time of purchasing my Hanwag's, they do a great selection.

Why would you prefer the non gortex boots out of interest?

I also tend to go for high boots, got weak ankles!

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
mm yeah i was really disappointed. especially as they cost so much. I have a pair of hanwag LX SF military boot which have done loads of miles.
only after 10 years?? the sole actually completely fell off both boots. the glue must have just gave in. gonna get them repaired as they are great boots.

I am looking at meindl Taiga and Lowa tibet now, maybe Haix of some type, although ideally i would like a non goretex boot that is as high 10/11 inches +

saying that though I had a pair of lowa innox mid gtx coyote and the left boot leaked like a sieve so I got my money back on those too.

kit just aint what it used to be.......

I've got a couple of pairs of Haix, the ones the Navy are issuing and they're the best boots I've had. I'm not an expert and haven't heard of most the ones you've mentioned but when I eventually kill the ones I've got I'll splash the cash on something similar, unless I can manage to 'acquire' another pair (or two) from a mate.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
So I can use them all season (like hot summer). I like to get comfortable with my kit and then be able to use it in any conditions. I find goretex is not as breathable as claimed. I can use dubbing to keep my boots waterproof and use a goretex booty if really bad weather.
although i haven't been wading in goretex boots they do take longer to dry than non membrane boots.

And the height yea ankle support, I don't tend to watch where i am going and just wade on through rough ground so the extra support is welcome for mis steps.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
yes the haix cold weather boot that looks like a lowa patrol/ hanwag sf/altberg issue, looks good for the money. just wish it was a bit higher and had a non GTX option.

I personally don't like the combat high liability with the massive rand, probably great boots but looks a bit mickey mouse and the leather is so stiff on boots I looked at the local surplus store.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I have a pair of haix black eagle athletic desert, they are great, light and extremely comfortable. the side zip is great.

I like them so much that i dont want to ruin them!

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
yes the haix cold weather boot that looks like a lowa patrol/ hanwag sf/altberg issue, looks good for the money. just wish it was a bit higher and had a non GTX option.

I personally don't like the combat high liability with the massive rand, probably great boots but looks a bit mickey mouse and the leather is so stiff on boots I looked at the local surplus store.

Whatever works for you, there are so many options out there on just about everything now. I get quite a bit of use out of mine (cycle the 2 pairs round every now and then) but they're worn about 4 hours a day walking the dogs and any trip away up the hills/camping etc. They're a huge step up from the 'high legs' I had in the past but horses for courses. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE