Habilis bushtool SRT?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harris_21741

Aug 21, 2012
stourbridge
Has anybody got any experience with the Habilis Bushtool SRT or Tom Brown Tracker? I have an overwhelming urge to buy something a bit different, or it might be the Chris Caine Companion!
if I could get some views on these as to which is the most useful al round knife of the three it would be most appreciated.
Many thanks. Rob.:confused:

leon-1

Has anybody got any experience with the Habilis Bushtool SRT or Tom Brown Tracker? I have an overwhelming urge to buy something a bit different, or it might be the Chris Caine Companion!
if I could get some views on these as to which is the most useful al round knife of the three it would be most appreciated.
Many thanks. Rob.:confused:

If I was ever to go for a Tom Browne tracker style knife I would buy one from White Tiger Knives. Steve Nowacki is a craftsman's craftsman, the finish on the knives is excellent and his leatherwork is very very good. I believe he calls his model "The Wolverine", I am no fan of this style of knife and when he showed me one a couple of years ago at Bisley even I was thinking about buying one.

harris_21741

Aug 21, 2012
stourbridge
Thanks for the pointing me towards them.
Lots of seriously nice knives, I have now predicted two things are going to happen. 1- I am going to become very skint and 2- I'm going to be divorced! On the bright side though I will have some nice knives. :)

leon-1

If you want a serious but different knife I would look at Dorset Woodland Blades Nessmuk

http://www.dorsetwoodlandblades.co.uk/dnk-bushcraft-knife.htm

Or perhaps one of Mark Hill's Kepharts

http://www.markhillknives.com/#!classic-knives/c3r5

Both are properly usable knives - but out of the ordinary

That's a good call, I helped someone with a sheath for one of Duncan's knives. I can't comment on Mark's Kepharts as I have neother seen nor handled one in person, what I can say is that you'd get a decent knife from either of these guys as I own knives by both of these gents.

harris_21741

Aug 21, 2012
stourbridge
Initially i was intending to buy an ' off the shelf knife', but taking into consideration what you have all said regarding the custom knife route. It does make sense, and your right I will get exactly what I want.
Of course this will take some thought (and saving some more pennies) but at least I only have to purchase once!
And I'll be able to recoup some money by selling off my other knives.
If anybody is interested in a used knife or two please drop me a line.
I have a hardly used ESEE 6, Cold Steel recon scout (very used) and a modified Condor Hudson Bay.
I am open to offers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE