Guided Hiking Holidays

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Hi all

This may not be the right place, mods please move or lock / delete if so;

My in-laws are visiting next year for a couple of months. Ellen (Mum in law) loves walking. Goes bushwalking at home in Oz, hill walking in New Zealand at least once a year (Only a 3 hour flight for them), and has been to Nepal. Yes she's just into her 60's, but she puts me to shame! :eek: :D
Anyway, she's wanting to do a cross-England walk when she comes over, i.e. the Hadrian's Wall walk, the Coast-to-Coast walk, or some such. However, she likes to do her walking in company, preferably with her pack transported for her.
So the question is, does anyone know of a company or organisation that organises such things?
I confess we're struggling to find anything suitable. :banghead:

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
I'd recommend Wilderness Scotland. They are quite expensive but they go to some very nice areas. I think you may have to carry your pack too as some are quite remote. I know that there are quite few companies that do group walks on the famous "West Highland Way" in Scotland. Try googling it.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Beer Monster said:
I'd recommend Wilderness Scotland. They are quite expensive but they go to some very nice areas. I think you may have to carry your pack too as some are quite remote. I know that there are quite few companies that do group walks on the famous "West Highland Way" in Scotland. Try googling it.

which part of cross england didnt you understand????? :p :rolleyes: :D

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
spoony said:
which part of cross england didnt you understand????? :p :rolleyes: :D

Aaaaaaah yes :eek: . Whoops ....... obviously had my Robert the Bruce head on last night!! :) As soon as I read the thread I started to hear the bagpipes playing ……

Apologies all round. :D

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
I am fairly sure that there is or was a company who did a set itinery for the coast to coast walk, and took care of things like bag transportation and accommodation..................but I have no idea of who they are and even if they are still in existence anymore. Which I suppose isnt much help is it lol

Mr Strop

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Thanks all. I guess my wife's Googling skills aren't as good as she thought! :D
Although to be honest, I hadn't looked myself before posting. :eek:
Anyway that'll give Ellen a starting point.
Razorstrop, was it Sherpa? I found them after some Googling this morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE