Green School

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am not realy sure if this is a review as such or more of a Blogg, but last spring I happened to end up "sitting in" on one of Green Schools first courses, run in leafy Bucks, and had a great time.
Green School, founded by the inimitable Rod Anderson Boyle, was running a basic bushcraft course in Swyns woods and I was staying there as well while I attended an Exped planning conference nearby and I was invited to stay over after the conference.
It was a great couple of days with the course well pitched for the people attending, covering all the basic skills realy, from friction fires through gear selection to wild food etc, with the instructors giving clear and well demonstrated instruction to the clients.
The evenings were spent chatting and sharing home made food and drinks around a good fire, under the shelter of a parachute, with the clients own ceremonies being seamlessly fitted in to a very relaxing friendly and fun course.
I only wish that I could have stayed longer as the course was excellent, the instructors good at their jobs (and nice blokes as well) and, of course, Swyns place a great place to be any way!
I had better point out that I am in no way associated with the Green School (although if they need an instructor with Open Canoe skills I am always open to offers....:D ), just impressed with the course I sat in on and writing this as a belated "thank you" for letting me be there!:grouphug: :You_Rock_
It saved me a fortune in B&B costs and was nicer than staying in a city while I attended my conference!:cool:
Thanks Rod, Jason and all the other including those on the course who made me welcome.:)
Rod and Jason can be contacted at www.green-school
Bashaandbivi.jpg

Jason.jpg

teammembers.jpg

Rod.jpg
WhiteEagleLodge.jpg

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I'm called Rod as well, so was the Rod and Rod mentioned Rod? or was the Rod you mentioned after Rod, Rod? Or is entire process one of me making a Rod for my own back, errr I think I need a drink!

Was good to see you there John.

Rod (Sandsnakes)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE