?? good uk wild edibles book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

danny358

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2011
bolton
hi everyone i am wanting to get a book on uk wild edibles and was after some opinions of the best ones, thanks danny

danny358

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2011
bolton
thanks for that, i picked it up yesterday in go outdoors but didnt want to buy until i got some opinions. also just realised i posted this thread in the wrong section if the mods want to move it cheers.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Get yourself a Flora - a book that let you identify plants in a scientific way, rather than match plants to a (drawn) picture. Some edible plants look very much like poisonous plants (or the other way around). Difference are so minute, they can only be cut out by a step-by-step identification.

Get yourself a good book that covers edible plants, and mark the edible ones in your Flora.

Note that even though a plant might be edible, it may not be edible by you. Be careful when eating new plants and do an edibility test to see if you show any allergic reaction.

danny358

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2011
bolton
cheers for the help and advice i will look at some flora books to. any advice about good flora books to? cheers danny :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE