Gone Fishin'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I went out Thurs morning and tried a bit of fishing from the rocks on the coast near us ... 2.5 hours - 1 fish!
People do this for fun?
I am not even keen on fish (anything that fornicates and defecates in the same place it eats is not my idea of fine food...) so my wife had the mackerel for lunch .. I had cheese!

I could have gone to the fish merchant and bought several fish, fresh off the boat, gutted, filleted and ready to cook for what this cost me in time and effort ... but my wife appreciated it .. so I guess it was worth while really ....

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I bet you thoroughly enjoyed yourself John, sat nicely relaxed watching the birds, sky etc :)

So as that's the case you can provide fresh fish for one nights meal at Dingly Dell :lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I bet you thoroughly enjoyed yourself John, sat nicely relaxed watching the birds, sky etc :)

So as that's the case you can provide fresh fish for one nights meal at Dingly Dell :lmao:

It was hot and muggy - nowhere to sit that was not sharp or wet, the sky was overcast and threatening rain - the only birds were Herring Gulls that were looking at me like I was -
A/. A meal in waiting
B/. Stupid
C/. Both the above
You want Fresh Fish? - go find the local MacFisheries! :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
That's a good fish and lovely eating. There are fisherman who would consider one fish in a day, a good day.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I went out Thurs morning and tried a bit of fishing from the rocks on the coast near us ... 2.5 hours - 1 fish!
People do this for fun?
I am not even keen on fish (anything that fornicates and defecates in the same place it eats is not my idea of fine food...) so my wife had the mackerel for lunch .. I had cheese!

I could have gone to the fish merchant and bought several fish, fresh off the boat, gutted, filleted and ready to cook for what this cost me in time and effort ... but my wife appreciated it .. so I guess it was worth while really ....

Well at least you caught a fish; but why didn't you post a picture of it? Instead of just the pix of the bait? :lmao:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
You've done considerably better with your hobo fishing set than I have with my proper rod and real. All I've done is make tackle sacrifices to the goddess of the sea... There are spinners of mine sitting on the bottom off the cost of Kent and Devon :(

I just hope that if I make enough sacrificial tackle offerings eventually I'll be rewarded with dinner...

I would be interested to see a picture of the contents of your kit.

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE