genuine Lowe alpine saracen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Considering it has the Lowe Alpine logo on the lid, it"s probably a LA.....:rolleyes:.
Don't know anything about them being made under licence but surely it would be with LA anyway.

Lot of pennies for a used bag though..;)

denmyos

Jun 5, 2013
dk
Considering it has the Lowe Alpine logo on the lid, it"s probably a LA.....:rolleyes:.
Don't know anything about them being made under licence but surely it would be with LA anyway.

Lot of pennies for a used bag though..;)

Yes a agree with you, its a little over my budget.

But i have notice that the molle system is different in this two saracens

http://www.xmilitarystore.com/lowe-alpine-saracen-olive-green?products_id=74:17faf9bacd021cc2ade95b9ed71ed163

http://stockhouse.nl/lowe-alpine-saracen-camo-1.html

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
The XMilitary OD Saracens are genuine Lowe Alpine products with branded logos and zipper tabs.
They are not the otherwise excellent ARWY contract bags.
The Saracens are the early versions with the wide ALICE webbing attachment straps on their fronts.

My Xmilitary example's label reads,

Rugzak, Lowe Alpine, type Saracen, uitvoering KMD
NSN 8465-17-113-6904
Leveranciersnaam Lowe Alpine Nederland BV

uitvoering = version or contract
Leveranciersnaam = suppliers name

The rucksack is structurally perfect with just minor surface corrosion on it's metal parts and 2 tiny but well repaired holes.
The only problem is that the inside polyurethane coating has almost completely perished due to the washing of the bag before being sold out of service. This makes the bag somewhat "floppy" and prone to wetting out making it heavier which I overcome by using a rain cover.
Anyone contemplating getting the Saracen must realise that the beast is effing massive and to fill it to the brim and utilise the side pockets is a suicide mission, apart from that it's hunky dory.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE