Gat guns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
spud-gun.jpg

These were incredible! Spud gun, water pistol, pellet gun and cap gun all in one!
The Gat Gun - "The Fun Gun" was incredible too! It got me my first caution :D

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
These were incredible! Spud gun, water pistol, pellet gun and cap gun all in one!

I had one of those but My Mum put it in the bin saying I wasn't allowed to play with my food!

I suppose she was right considering how dangerous spuds can be! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP8oCvacvAg
(Language: 18, Activity: Juvenile!)

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Google ''Vintage spud guns'' for a trip down memory lane...http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-902&va=vintage+spud+guns

These things were great...
th
The 'bullet' was removed from the cylinder for loading. The forward end was stuck into the spud to 'take a load' so to speak, and a cap was placed in the back end like a percussion cap. Load the chamber with the bullet, cock and fire. The 'explosion' launched the spud.

Fantastic or what?

You mean this launched spud?! Right, where have I put it, I missed out.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
all of the above failings of the gat gun are true, but when your a kid its the bees! years later had the pleasure of meeting an ageing Mr 'Gat' on a trade stand at a firearms show of all places! :)

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Google ''Vintage spud guns'' for a trip down memory lane...http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-902&va=vintage+spud+guns

th
The 'bullet' was removed from the cylinder for loading. The forward end was stuck into the spud to 'take a load' so to speak, and a cap was placed in the back end like a percussion cap. Load the chamber with the bullet, cock and fire. The 'explosion' launched the spud.

Fantastic or what?

I had one of them, so many kinds of politically correct nowadays, I should maybe be sent to a re-education camp for even remembering I had one, such damage to my brain and moral fiber it must have caused.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I had one of them, so many kinds of politically correct nowadays, I should maybe be sent to a re-education camp for even remembering I had one, such damage to my brain and moral fiber it must have caused.

Well these things had a detrimental effect on the user just by their design. I mean, it was a one shot only affair because of the faff reloading. That led to the tactic of running up behind people, shooting em in the back of the head and legging it.

Or was it just me?
th

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester

th

Fantastic or what?

That is brilliant. Using a cap as a propellent for the spud. Genius. Now I need one!

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES

Still got two of these hanging up in the garden shed, they belong to my sons

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
nothing beats a gat gun , in my early years we would run around the streets with them and a couple of mums spuds and have a full on britain v germany war that dident last years but i did last all of the six weeks holidays , nothing better than riding around on your griffter or chopper with that badboy pumped and ready just incase of a ambush , and they did happen proper scuffed knees and elbows and no need for AnE as dock leaves would cure every thing lol.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
I remember mucking about with a gat gun as a youth, often mocking it's power by shooting each other. On one such occasion, we had tired of trying to catch the pellets and went back to shooting targets, when the entire barrel came flying from the end of the pistol, leaving an impressive dent in the shed door. An important reminder of my dads first rule of shooting: Never point a weapon at anything, unless the intention is to kill. Or in the case of a defective gat gun, really, really hurt.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
I had a Gat years ago and it was utterly useless, also had a G10- that was worse!!

I actually bought a boxed and like new G10 a few weeks ago!!

I also have a few more pistols today (I'm a bit of a hoarder of airguns i'm afraid :eek: )..

Here's an Original mod 2, much better than the gats as there's no Monkey metal in sight!!

PistolOriginalm2c.jpg

A couple more 'pop outs', the black one is a Lov 2, I agreed tio sell it to a chap and didn't realise that it was actually marketed by Webley (or I wouldn't have let it go, i'd promised though :( )

The other one is scrap really as the threads on the brass barrel end are kaput!

pistollov2m2.jpg

Some more pistolas!!

Webley Seniors..

P-004.jpg

Top- Webley Typhoon
Centre- Webley Hurricane
Bottom- Webley Tempest..

P-001.jpg

Webley Premiers-

3Prems.jpg

Webley mk1- top pre war- bottom- post war.

Webleymk1x2a-1.jpg

Webley Juniors (have another one coming too :eek: )

P-002.jpg

Walther LP53

WaltherLP53a.jpg

PistolDianamk4a.jpg

BSA Scorpion..

Scorpion9.jpg

BSA Magnum 240s..

pistol240rd01-1.jpg

Beretta mod92..

Beretta92fs1.jpg

G10..

G10B_zps39cc5c08.jpg

Oh, I may be getting a Gat soon too ;)

John :)

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I still have the scars between finger and thumb wherewhen cocking the gat I could catch the skin.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE