Gat guns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Hi All,
I was just thinking back to my childhood and remembering my mum buying me a gat gun air pistol.Had many a fun time plinking tin cans back then.Can you still buy these air pistols in the uk :)
Cheers Andy
ps sorry mods if this is in the wrong place :(

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Goatboy,
I found that site,but there is know way to add to basket for purchase.Prob just me not looking properly,thank you all the same :)

Just had another look and yer right - sorry Ocean, on reading further seems they're discontinued, plenty second hand on line. Though to be honest you could pick up something for the same price that shoots straighter. :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Terrible accuracy and power. Always have a place in heart these things fond memories,

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Thanks fellas
I know I could pick something up better these days,but I would just like one to bring back memories, and put a smile on my face :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
They bring back memories, me and my brother used to wear heavy Parker's and my dad's crash helmet and run about the garden trying to shoot one another, bloody frightening now but seemed like a good idea at 12!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
My dad had one back in the 50's (I think it was a Gat anyway) It was so inaccurate that one day he got so frustrated with it he said to his pals that he was going to shoot his foot with it and if it missed it was going in the canal.....................................splash!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
You wont be able to buy online due to a stupid change in the law a few years ago.

You should have more respect for our esteemed MPs and the laws they draw up, it is all for your protection don't you know, you can't be trusted to look after yourself after going through compulsory education! :rolleyes: I hear the Chinese are going to make a cheaper copy called the Gat-Ling gun!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The Gat was fun to shoot corks and darts with. The G10 is fun too - I've got one somewhere but haven't shot it for years

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
They bring back memories, me and my brother used to wear heavy Parker's and my dad's crash helmet and run about the garden trying to shoot one another, bloody frightening now but seemed like a good idea at 12!

Me to, old school paint balling, stupid but the things we do as kids

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
We used to play Russian Roulette with empty SP50's. Well getting smacked in the head with the plunger isn't Russian roulette but Russian roulette isn't clever either. If none of that made sense it's probably because I played too much Russian roulette with SP50's as a kid.

th

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
We used to play Russian Roulette with empty SP50's. Well getting smacked in the head with the plunger isn't Russian roulette but Russian roulette isn't clever either. If none of that made sense it's probably because I played too much Russian roulette with SP50's as a kid.

Mate of mine did that with a friend's Gat gun, he hadn't seen how the gun had been cocked but did know there was no pellet in it, put it to the side of his head and pulled the trigger. He was expecting a puff of air not a 3 inch plunger whacking him in the temple. Once he recovered we suggested a game of Russian roulette using an automatic pistol... so long as he went first. Not that we had access to an automatic pistol but I still think he'd have been up for it. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer ol' William:lmao:

Never had a Gat gun just one of these: (see below) though mine was black and my brother and I would shoot them at each other all the time playing James Bond in the garden.

spud-gun.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE