G-Stove for Helsport Valhall

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 17, 2012
London
Hi All,

In order to get the whole family out on a Scandinavian adventure this Summer, I am currently scoping the Helsport Valhall tent and was also considering the Helsport Stove which can be used within it.

After doing a bit of research online I can across another Norwegian stove manufacturer called 'G-Stove' http://www.gstove.no/en which looks very promising.

It is currently having a few tweaks to refine the design from user feedback, but has some unique features like the open oven type enclave, easy foldaway locking legs, cool handles that also act as a simmer ledge. Of course the more traditional features such water heaters, clothe hangers. are also included. It also looks rather robust without additional weight and well priced compared to others.

Has anyone used this stove? Would it be compatible with the Helsport Valhall Tent or should I go with the Helsport stove?

I welcome your comments and advice.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
I haven't seen that stove but from the picture, I can't see why it wouldn't work - it doesn't look that dissimilar to the Helsport stove.
One other stove I have seen used with the Valhall is the Frontier stove, which though a rather differnt shape still worked ok and is a fair bit cheaper than the Helsport, with a bigger cooking area.
In he Valhall you have a number of options for stove placement depending on your set up - in either of the bell shaped ends (if you are not using the inner 'sleep pods') or in the central section which gives you a good amount of flexibility.

Dec 17, 2012
London
Baggins, Herbalist1,

Many thanks for you feedback. I was unsighted that you were able to set the stove up in multiple locations within the Valhall, which certainly gives flexibility. I note that the G-Stove is having numerous upgrades to it as a result from user feedback and look forward to when they are complete. Surprised that nowhere in the UK distributes these as they do have some unique features that I think a lot of people would appreciate. Acknowledge that if you already have a stove, the additional feature are probably not enough to upgrade. Once again many thanks for the feedback. Will post back once decision is made and tested on the Scandinavian adventure - Helsport or G-Stove, if the tent has not burnt down!

Far_Wanderer

Oct 29, 2009
Lancashire, England
I have a valhall with the helsport stove and they do really well together. I bought the stove when i got my varanger and have used the stove in some bad weather with great success though due to changing requirements I'm going to have to sell my stove and replace with something abit more robust as the helsport stove is good for the use in the tent with wood and compressed wood it won't do with what will be needed when I'm up in Scotland in a building as you can't use coal in it.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE