Optimus Crux £25 plus P&P. Light use (about 4/5 times) Bought new for £60

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mallow Man

Jul 10, 2004
Devon
Too many stoves and other equipment - time to get rid of all the stuff I have accumulated and sits at the back of my cupboard. So the Crux must go. I don't use gas stoves anymore. This stove has had very, very light use and is in perfect working order and is virtually new. Superb design and needs a good home where it will be used becuase sitting here its no good to anyone!

Mal

:roll:

http://www.optimus.se/products/crux/

CRUX – The Lightweight Performer.

You do not have to compromise cooking performance, even if weight and pack-size are your highest priorities. In CRUX you will find big burner performance in one of the smallest stoves on the market. CRUX is a versatile stove, suitable for all kinds of adventures and conditions from lightweight trekking to serious peak attempts. The unique stuff bag keeps your stove and cartridge packed close together in one piece. When in use, the stove is very quick to set up and also has great simmering abilities added to the high power output.

FEATURES
One-piece design offers you an easy-to-use and quick-set-up stove that folds and unfolds in seconds, without any loose parts.
Full-sized foldable burner head provides for high cooking performance in a very small format.
Unique stuff bag packs both stove and gas canister in one compact piece.
Power simmering gives you exact flame control.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Fuel: LP-gas canister, Butane/Propane mixture
Weight: appr. 87g / 3.1 oz
Measurements: 84x57x31 mm (folded)
Rating: 3 000 w/10 000 BTU/h
Burning time: Up to 60 minutes at high output (225 g 70/30 canister)
Boiling time 1 L of water: Down to 3 minutes depending on climate, altitude etc.

"This little fireball comes in at just 3.1 ounces, yet it boils a liter of water in three and a half minutes. Ingenious design and high demand have spawned half a dozen models of micro-stove, but none fold down as cleverly and compactly as the Crux. It's astounding how much cooking you can do with such a diminutive device." - National Geographic Adventure, January 2004

"This cooker's MOMA-worthy design rules the canister-stove kitchen. Why it's cool: The Crux unfolds from a flat, sleek package into a high-output stove. Simply rotate the burner head upright on its ball-and-socket joint, allow the spring-loaded retaining collar to lock into place, and unfold the flame-adjustment lever. Once collapsed, the 3.1 ounce Crux slips neatly into a change-purse-size neoprene pouch, which in turn nestles perfectly into the concavity found under all isobutane canisters. The positive 'snap' of flame adjuster and burner head engaging--not to mention the flawless polish of the whole package--reveals master-craftsman-level machining. It cooks as good as it looks. That expansive burner boils in a flash, and the flame adjuster is smooth and consistent, down to the slightest simmer." - Outside Magazine, 2003 Gear of the Year Award

"If this stove got any smaller, we'd lose it. The hinged unit folds so flat it nests inside the concave bottom of a standard fuel canister." - Backpacker Magazine 2004 Gear Guide

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Got a bargain there Rich.

Cost a bomb over here, cost me £35 quid plus the customs gamble to get one direct from the USA. Good kit and very compact. This and a 110g gas cartridge will fit inside a NATO steel mug with room to spare. You can see it in the pics of my 2nd "possibles" (bumbag) in the gallery.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE