FTGH: O-ring for an SA Trangia Burner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have a spare o-ring seal for the burner unit for a Swiss Army Trangia Burner, if anyone wants it. When I bought my (unissued) SA Trangia unit, the lid of the burner had a number of splits in it and the supplier said that if I sent back the old lid, they would replace it. I wasn't sure they would send me a seal with the replacement lid, so I hung onto the old seal - which is now surplus to requirements.

If you are interested, send me a PM telling me why you want it! :) I won't necessarily send it to the first person who responds, as some people can't get to a computer as often as others. If I only get one response, I'll send it to that person, if I get a few then I'll send it to the person whose request I like the best! ;)

Due to the small value of the item, I'll only send it out by standard post - not worthwhile using signed for.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
do we get to see the winning story?

I suppose people could put their request up here instead of PMing it - if they aren't too embarrassed!

When I decide, I'll look at all requests, both on the thread and PMs. I don't want to make a big competition for an o-ring, just wanted to give a chance to people who aren't on the computer all day long.

Geoff

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
I lit my stove and the seal had stuck to stove and not the lid:rolleyes: First I knew about it was when I noticed large plumes of black smoke coming off the stove, by the time I 'd noticed it was too late and the seal was destroyed.

Every time I use it now I have to burn it dry, as I still haven't been accurate enough in guessing how much meths to use for a brew/cooking.:p

regards

beach bum

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE