Frost Mora sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Thanks Dougster , I'm not so sure on the pricing though?

I never know what to ask for things:eek:

cheers
Steve

I think they are a little low.

There seems to be a thought that hand made products by skilled craftsmen such as you should be priced alongside Chinese factory made goods. I disagree with this.

If you check the prices that Woodlore charges for sheathes and belts they are twice as much as makers here charge, I think the Woodlore prices realistic. If we push much lower it won't be worth the time and effort.

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Maybe I'm going to buy one too, but the price is more that double the price of the knife. That's weird :p

All that means is that the knife is cheap, not that the sheath is expensive.

I concur with what other's have said, they look fantastic quality and I would have one if my monetary positioning was a bit better at the moment.

Jim

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I appreciate the comments from everyone;)

I have put off actively trying to sell my work for several reasons, one of which is not being sure what to ask price wise.
It takes about three days for me to do a basic sheath from start to finish, obviously not 36 hours of course. More like maybe 5 hours in total, spread out. works out at about £5 an hour?

It's a hobby for me, which I enjoy very much and like to try to encourage others to have a go for themselves. Many people don't wish to have a go themselves but like the idea of "upgrading"

Steve

Last edited:

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Just got in from work and found the sheath had arrived, looks even better than it did in the photograph, and worth every penny IMHO .Many thanks Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE