frost blademaster

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
After screwing up a blade on an expensive knife I decided to give those kits a go.. I looked at teh spydco and the lansky but found them a little expesive I normally use had stone and have a dimand stone also which works really quit well.
I was in the buithers trade years ago and know how to sharpen by hand but you know how it goes you get older blah blah

Anyhow I tried the blade master it is basically a cheaper version of the lansky kit and looks from pictures to be exactly the same!! it came with three stones course medium and fine there were three guide rods honing oil and a handle witha slot in angle clamp.

So.. I put all this lot together and start with the wifes kitchen knives all of them in fact.. I decided to select the course medium and fine each knife spending a few minutes on each.
I steeled up all the knives afterwards and..

Boy are they sharp! I could shave with each one and to cut paper well it amazed me at how sharp the knifes were bearing in mind they are el cheapo knives.. I used to spend a lot of time caring for my knives this gadjet has made the same task much faster and probabaly more reliable results Although I stell hand sharpen the axe and my tools I think ill continue using the blademaster to get an esge on all the knives..

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If it works for you then it sounds like you've got a good bit of kit. I sharpen free hand on Jap. wet stones or wet and dry backed on mouse mat. It works for me. There is no right or wrong way to do things in this hobby of ours unless it is a safety issue, so nice one. Do you have any links, pictures, prices? Others may be interested!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE