25 spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nicely done, well impressed. I was going to ask how that little Spyderco coped until I saw the Higo. I hope you picked the softer woods and smaller spoons for those 2? ;)

Reactions: Kadushu

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
What a brilliant challenge, with great results, too!

That has inspired me to do something similar, if more modest: I have a 'significant birthday' next year, so I will try and make a number of spoons - one for each year - over the course of the twelve months... Thank you for that spur!

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Nicely done, well impressed. I was going to ask how that little Spyderco coped until I saw the Higo. I hope you picked the softer woods and smaller spoons for those 2? ;)
Green maple for the Spyderco and it was the most uncomfortable to use! A bit of spalted/rotten holly for the Boker Zenshin, which looks like a Higo. It wasn't too bad.

All the bowls were hollowed out with a crook knife but only the bowls, so the rest of the spoon was made with its respective knife of the day... Except the really long one which was made entirely with the crook knife.

35555536-F7F2-414A-924E-D889279391BD.jpeg8D2E9666-A230-43AB-9993-7BFA66865021.jpeg

Reactions: Glass-Wood-Steel

Kadushu

Jul 29, 2014
Kent
What a brilliant challenge, with great results, too!

That has inspired me to do something similar, if more modest: I have a 'significant birthday' next year, so I will try and make a number of spoons - one for each year - over the course of the twelve months... Thank you for that spur!
Great! I look forward to seeing this!

Kadushu

Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I should probably explain the double handled spoon... It's made from ivy so probably not food safe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE