Frontline or Camping DD Hammock??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
What a lot of nonsense about condensation in a hammock, as soon as you put an insulation mat in any hammock your going to suffer from condensation, unless of course your insulation mat is breathable.
The travel hammock on the ground under a tarp will shield the dampness from below, and the midges from above.When you can't find trees.

Peatbog

It's not nonsense bud. I suffer with it in summer when used without any insulation and all year around when using a cocoon. The travel hammock just isn't breathable it's waterproof. I had great plans to use it in summer to ground dwell with built in netting. Have I used it that way in 3 yrs? Nope! :lmao:

I use mine with a cocoon and still suffer with condensation on my Travel. I wish the frontline was an option when I got mine.

Cheers bud - deciding whether or not to trade in & treat myself to a Frontline - but if an underquilt solved the issue I’d have gone for one of those instead!

I’ve not needed to go to ground yet but if I do I normally carry a spare tarp/groundsheet anyway!

What a lot of nonsense about condensation in a hammock, as soon as you put an insulation mat in any hammock your going to suffer from condensation, unless of course your insulation mat is breathable.
The travel hammock on the ground under a tarp will shield the dampness from below, and the midges from above.When you can't find trees.

Peatbog

Certainly anything BUT nonsense. There are many threads and reviews floating around about the condensation issues with the Travel version. As already mentioned - it uses fully waterproof material and so is therefore NOT breathable.

Reckon I'll just have to buy the Frontline version and the Travel as a spare!

peatbog

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2008
paisley, Scotland
My point is, no matter what hammock you use if you use an insulation mat, you will get condensation, even in a frontline. I am sorry it's fact.
Please read carefully before engageing the keyboard.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
im quite happy with the dd scout hammock as im only 5.6ft and fit in it nicely seen alot of use and no condensation ! the only thing is if your bulky then it wouldnt be for you :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE