For those experienced expeditioners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I am wondering, how did you gain experience in overseas wilderness expeditions and the like? What was your first big expedition overseas?

Many thanks,

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My first overseas exped was as a Raleigh International staff member on a trip to Ghana.
Most staff members had to pay and take pot luck as to what they actually ended up doing but as a canoe coach, and as they desparately needed canoe coaches, I had my expences paid and I knew I would be canoeing.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I organised a trip to walk round Annapurna in Nepal with my son. We didn't use a tour company and it cost a fraction of what it might have. I enjoyed it so much that I took a group of 6 friends there a couple of years later.:D

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi Biddlesby
Like John I got involved with Raleigh International but as a Venturer rather than instructor.
After I got back I joined the RAF and RAF Mountain Rescue and have been lucky enough to go on lots of trips abroad.
Despite the forces getting smaller and being stretched theres still lots of expeditions being organised (in the RAF at least!), Adventurous Training being actively encouraged.
Through MR ive got my Mountain Leader (Summer) and ML(W) so now I can lead trips if they are short of leaders.
Ird always wanted to be involved in the outdoors and ive had some great (and not so great!) trips, this route worked for me.
Ta Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE