Fjällräven Rucksack No. 21: Is it good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 14, 2013
San Francisco USA
Hello, everyone. Time to stop lurking! :cool:

Today, I visited a local thrift store (what you'd call a charity shop) and found a very good deal, a Fjällräven Rucksack No. 21 Medium for US$7 in almost new condition. I bought it, of course!

http://www.fjallraven.us/products/rucksack-no-21-medium-backpack

I rarely see anyone with anything from this brand here other than the well-known Kånken schoolpack. I don't know what's legitimate gear from them and what might be a fashion item.

Is the No. 21 something you'd take on a day out or is this best left for a trip to the coffeehouse? :)

I've been using either a Finnish gas mask bag or an REI Flash 18 nylon pack. I now want a waxed canvas pack. I could keep this or sell it and put the money torwards something else like maybe a Frost River.

rickwhite

Aug 7, 2014
Cheshire, UK
The no 21 is designed as a laptop bag. I was looking at one for work to replace my ageing satchel style bag but the price for a new one put me right off.
As its made of their G1000 cotton you can wax it for bad weather protection so I'm sure you could use it for outdoorsy stuff if it suits your needs.
However, if you decide not to use, I'd be happy to take it off your hands for a price to give my laptop a new home ;)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Great little day pack, I've been using one for a year or so for days out and I haven't got a bad word to say about it. Mine is the medium as well, and the only limit on them is the size but I can do a long winter day hike with food and water for myself and the dog, along with the usual edc stuff you'd need.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE