First wild camp with Dog pics.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
I went on my first wild camp with my dog last night to see if he was suitable for future excursions to more exiting places. It had the potential to go horribly wrong (picture dog running through established camp fire, knocking over stove and taking out my tarp!). He turned out to be a great camp mate. I have spent all day blogging for the first time so please give me any criticisms you may have.

http://thesecretcamper.blogspot.com/

I want to fill the page with pics reviews and the tracking of my wild camps for memories when my knees won't carry me any more.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
loveley blog mate,...i plan to keep popping in to cheack it out,..

can i ask about the sleep mat??

u said ebay 20 quid???..

got a linky??

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Thanks very much Raikey, thats officially my first compliment!

I'm afraid the sleep mat was just a private seller, I havent seen them for that price before or after so I think I just got lucky. It is made by Pacific Outdoor, normally selling on Hiennie for about 50 quid. Keep an eye out for them as they arent as well searched as thermarest etc. I'm a bit of a ebaygear geek so I will keep an eye out for a good deal for you and pm you when I find one.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Thanks very much Jag. Its just a days work with a camera phone so I am hopeing things are just going to get better with it. It gives me even more excuses to get out there and live the dream. lol

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Taking a spaniel camping in the woods?
Well done that man
I guess you have slipped down a bit on the stealthometer though and if you haven't I fear its only a matter of time till something awakens those barely concealed instincts that are lurking
Funny enough I quite often get unexpected canine visits but if you don't have any food they just carry on looking for something that will run away from them
Lovely pooch and really looking forward to more of your blog with dog

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice one mate, love the dog.

Interesting that on two winter camps I was on when dogs were taken, those dogs whose owners used a tarp or a hammock ended up in my tent lol

Without enticement I may add, while dogs may be man's best friend they ain't stupid and like a bit of warmth.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
:)Wow, thanks very much for the support everyone.

Thanks to all my followers ! ...never thought I would ever say that.

@redandshane- He never went to far to be spotted but I'm sure people heard him sprinting through the leave all evening. I too have been visited by a dog on a wild camp, a big mastiff looking thing. He just stared at me for a minute or so and then went on about his business. I was just about to start playing dead like you are supposed to do with bears!

@rik_uk- For most of the night he was good as gold but got woken up by a badger or something. He was tied up so I knew he wasnt going anywhere. Apart from that, he wasnt fidgetty at all. You are right about the warmth, it was the first time he had seen fire but he soon made himself comfortable around it.

@labrador and stinger- thanks very much for your support, if there is anything you want a review on let me know.

Regards

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE