Fire from nothing - a pass time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
When I get the chance in an unfamiliar environment I see if I can create fire with only things I can find at the site and with only what is in my pockets having brought nothing special. Anyone else do this?

My garden shed is my home base and it is easy there as all the bits and pieces I have collected over time are there to help me. Can hand or bow drill or use flint and steel or ferro rod, or even matches. There is a box of tinder put aside and bits of fungi laying about.

The allotment was quite a challenge. Took about 6 visits to get a fire the first time. Then several more attempts before I could do it a second time.

Ashdown Forest, railway station near Oxford, river side in Oxford, Burling Gap beach - all unsuccessful so far. But each one teaches me something new. I rarely have more than an hour to spare. A coal is one thing, getting it to flame and small fire is something else.

Usually I try hand drilling.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE