Finally got round to taking some pics of recent leather work...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Finally

I have been meaning for ages to get hold of a camera other than my mobile phone to take some pics of some recent sheaths, also a few test folding sheathes oh and cant stand the colour on these its awful but you live and learn. On the bonus side I got to used to some techniques such as rivets and pop studs.

Big thanks to long strider for the pop studs and beautifully hand written instructions on how to fit them, yer a gent and owe you a drink next moot ;)

I have only just finished the sheath for the full tang bushy (my current user hence the dirt :)) and the other one is an old one trying leather stitch used to test about 10 different types of dye nd its also used as a loaner for when i take out a mates kid or friend.

Loving the leather work lately and every piece is a learning curve….

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0251-1.jpg

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Very nice dwardo, never done any leather work myself but its something im intersted in getting into. You say your still learning, did you buy any special tools or anything when you started and if so how much did it cost?
Good job! :D

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very nice dwardo, never done any leather work myself but its something im intersted in getting into. You say your still learning, did you buy any special tools or anything when you started and if so how much did it cost?
Good job! :D

Besides the leather its self the only thing you need is an awl/sharp point, a thick needle and some thread. The thread, needles and an edge beveler shouldnt cost more than about 10-15 squids and that about all you need. The only other tool i used was a stitch groover that put the lines on some of the pouches. The tools are generaly about 3 or 4 quid ish each but you dont really need any. If you want to get your self some leather ill post you some thread and needles. You can even use a 1.5mm drill bit to mke the stitch holes...

The guys and girls at Le Prevo will help with all you need, lovely people.....(no connection except happy repeat customer)

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Nice one Dwardo, very impressive. I've done one or two sheaths myself, with varying results, but your's have come out great! Yet to try pouches and press stud's but mightily impressed with your's. Lovely!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE