Enzo knife edge holding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

madcow

Feb 19, 2009
Netherlands
3 months ago I made a Enzo knife but never had the chance to take it for a spin.
And 2 days ago I was in the garden and just wanted to make a firebow, board from birch and a drill of hazel.

when i shaped the drill it was easy at first, taking the bark off and bit of shaping. But I found that it was getting harder with every cut.
The edge looked like it was banged on the pavement 20 times, all chipped and dented.

This is not the first enzo I have made and never had this problem.

And I would like to know if it is possible to take the handle scales off without braking them, and reuse them? Be cos I made them to fit my hand exactly, and its was a pain to get them that way.

Greets

Bas

And sorry for my English. :)

Javapuntnl

Need to contact Admin...
May 2, 2009
Mansfield MA USA
I had the same edge problem with big chunks chipping away with only light use (its somewhere on a different thread), I ended up putting a secondary bevel on it, that did the trick, the knife has been performing magnificently ever since, it holds an edge like Bono....

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Really, these knives are supposed to have a small secondary bevel to them IMO, and with that, they are absolutely amazing knives. If my calculations are right (and they usually are) the edge angle on my Enzo, if it did not have a secondary, would be about 12.55 degrees - an exceptionally fine edge, which is what makes it a phenomenal slicer. The secondary bevel makes it a phenomenal all-rounder, though. It's been sharp for months with nothing more than a bit of stropping, and I don't see that changing any time soon!

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE