EKA/Nor-mark Big Swede

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about my old EKA lock knife, specifically is it any use for bushcraft.

I've had it for years and it was my fathers before that.

I'm currently using it as an improvised bow scrapper.

The blade is 3.5" long made of stainless steel with a clipped 'bowie' style drop point and the words "Big Swede" on it.

On the black plastic handle are the words (faint and almost worn off now) 'Nor-Mark'

Thanks

Andy

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Andy,
The Normark Big Swede was a favourite with British Sqaddies for many years, a testement to its durability and ability to hold an edge. They were and, indeed are top quality knives, ideally suited to bushcraft activities.
Tack

C

CatFisH

the EKA SuperSwede is a fine folding knife...stout lock, good stainless steel that holds an edge...one of my favorite folders for general outdoor use...

NormarkSuperSwede1.jpg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
My dad has one, and I've been after one for ages. The thing is, they always seem to be really expensive for a mass produced knife. Anyone got a cheap link to getting one of these fantastic knives?

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
spamel said:
My dad has one, and I've been after one for ages. The thing is, they always seem to be really expensive for a mass produced knife. Anyone got a cheap link to getting one of these fantastic knives?
You can pick them up for £25 (less than a Buck folder).
I've had a Super Swede for about 15 years and as a good outdoor folder you won't find a finer knife (they even work well with your FireSteel).
Neil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE