Dumped! TV program

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Anyone watched the first episode of the chanell 4 program "dumped" ? It's on every night this week I think. 11 people (representative section of the community:rolleyes: ) are ro live on a dump near London, for 3 weeks I think, and learn to live off whatever is on the dump thrive and make themselves confortable. Apart from the few histrionics prevalent in that sort of set up, the first episode was quite interesting. Not quite bushcraft but relevant in some ways I think.

:eek: OOPS!!! I put this thread in the wrong place, I think. Sorry about that. Maybe a mods will agree and move it to the right forum.

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
I fount it quite entertaining to be honest.

They mentioned that a 1000 tonnes of rubbish is created by the UK every 2 mins!!! Thats terrible! And the massive landfill next door isnt as big as the ammount of rubbish created in a single day!

I thought the shelter that they constructed was ok but looked a bit flimsy and drafty. Will be interesting to see what they come up with next!

I think if i was on such a program the rubbish would get to me but not as much as the people that im spending the time with! I think they would drive me crazy!

its a little like bushcraft but in the total opposite environment!

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I thought it was interesting, the people do seem to be from all walks of life, unlike other programmes where they say that they are diverse but in fact a more like each other then is normal. I think that it could prove to become very interesting in the coming episodes and already I'm shouting things at the telly especially to that builder bloke who just annoys me, I mean who in their right mind throws away their underpants and socks every day, you;d think he would have heard of a washing machine? Ye Gods!

Jambo

Forager
Jul 21, 2007
U.K.
I started losing interest when they mysteriously 'found' a huge tarp to make a shelter which was strangely clean, when everything else in the place was stinking and covered in crud. They all have bergans full of gear too.

Seems a bit 'Grylls' to me.

I turned over when they delivered £400-odd quid's worth of food right to their door, on a trailer hitched to a 4x4, obviously for dramatic effect. I know they're in a dump and can't exactly be expected to feed eleven of them for three weeks, but they could of made it a bit more challenging...

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Scrapheap challenge was the same. I know somebody who was closely involved with a number of episodes and they put the stuff needed, obviously, into the scrapheap for each challenge. They just need to find it. If the opposition finds it first and makes off with it, then it's tough luck!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
It's not as if it is a real dump either, it's a 1000 tonnes of safe carefully H&S checked rubbish, no smell, no nappies no food, no sharps, no real rubbish, Half of the people there are only there for their fifteen minutes of fame, and the rest were promised a "environmental trip of a life time" somewhere hot (i.e. over seas) to help “dem poor folks who don't know no better”. What a bitter disappointment it must have been, I think that is why MR Builder left pretty sharpish. He, no doubt, wanted a holiday, and didn’t like the fact he was expected to do more than top up his tan and wear his ridiculously expensive hats. Coming from the guy who wear his designer grundies only once, before throwing them in the bin, :banghead: his lament on the fact they were not expected to starve, smacked of a very poor excuse and a cop out :Wow:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE