• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Excellent. Dried tomatoes are a terrible treat to have within arm's reach. I found I like a handful in pasta for the intense taste.

Question: For use, do you soak those or boil them up in a bit of water?

I tried drying a variety of fruit and veg, the tomatoes are far and away better than anything else

I dry 25 lbs of Roma tomato halves @ 55C for 24 hours. They are still a bit leathery. American Harvest brand dehydrator.
If I nibble while I'm cooking supper, I have to stop when I realize that I've just eaten 8 big Romas in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: Le Loup
Excellent. Dried tomatoes are a terrible treat to have within arm's reach. I found I like a handful in pasta for the intense taste.

Question: For use, do you soak those or boil them up in a bit of water?

I tried drying a variety of fruit and veg, the tomatoes are far and away better than anything else

I dry 25 lbs of Roma tomato halves @ 55C for 24 hours. They are still a bit leathery. American Harvest brand dehydrator.
If I nibble while I'm cooking supper, I have to stop when I realize that I've just eaten 8 big Romas in a matter of minutes.
Generally we just add them to stews Robson, though they are very tasty to nibble on :) For some reason or other we do not have many tomatoes this year, but normally there are so many that we simply have to bottle or dry them.
Tomatoes-2018-Autumn-002-REDUCED.jpg

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE