Food preserving gift ideas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I know a few people here enjoy food preserving as much as we do - be it making sloe jelly to homemade jerky

We have been asked to put together a list of presents gor growers, preservers and allotmenteers...so here we go

• Love
Reactions: Broch and TeeDee

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Santa..just need the pressure canner, a new dehydrator, and more jars. :)

I love my spong, its about 60+ yrs old, and works with no electric too! I've been using it for 30 years myself.
I have a burger press that I got in the 1970's which is still going strong. Another handy bit of kit.
Just added an apple press this year to my workforce.
The apple peeler is fun to use, and so quick. A real game changer.
Great present ideas.
Starting to collect dairying items now.. already have a butter maker, and some butter pats, though I find it quicker and easier using the hand mixer to make butter.!
Cheese making is my next venture.
I've made soft cheeses this year, but want to expand into hard cheeses.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I confess that I prefer hand operated tools - not just because they don't wear out but also because they offer a level of control that powered tools don't

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Ok folks i will cutr the long story short we use to grow mini cucumbers but well seed failed this year so i put in some large variety and well they have come good in the tunnel we have been getting a fair amount but had not checked for 2 days just collected 14 large cues and still around 30 i can see that will build over the next week and loads of babies coming on so what can i do with these other than pickle . cheers

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Crudités, tzatziki? We have a lot too (Mini Munch, Emilie F1, Carmen F1). Excess are pickled in various spices and we eat what we can fresh. Delicious!

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Ok i will look that up , my wife loves them me not a fan but well madam likes i gorw , the kids over the road love them to so we can share them out but with the amounts we have well people hide lol no joke but i think even lettuce can get to much we give so much away over growth shall i say , yup a man thing i will plant 10 hon 8 might die lol , then we have huge amounts to share , i did pickle them but only so much se can store , cheers for the reply

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE