Dog collars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
The bacon hunter has grown , considerably .
Need to get him a new collar , but cant seem to find one big enough !!
The guy in our local pet shop reckons i need one that adjusts up to 30 inches :eek:
I have looked everywhere i can think of , including google , but can not find anything . I would like to get him a leather one , preferably studded .
Any ideas where i could get such a thing ?
Pumbaa

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Pumbaa.............How about an ordinary leather belt (a tough one at that). You can buy studs and just put them in if you want them. For a lead attachment you could use a metal O ring..............Jon

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Yep, a dog collar would be an easy project. I'm sure a number of us could do one in all sorts of styles depending on what you wanted; either for sale or trade.

I could do a standard stiff leather & stitching type collar (with studs if you want them), or I could do a round braided collar from kangaroo leather, or a round soft leather one... As I say, a number of styles... :)

I'll check our local pet store though to see if they stock them that large...

ODG

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I had a pm from Bardster last night , i am in the process of getting him to knock one up for me .
Cheers
Pumbaa

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
pumbaa said:
The bacon hunter has grown , considerably .
Need to get him a new collar , ......i need one that adjusts up to 30 inches :eek:
Pumbaa

Pumbaa,
What is that thing that you are trying to shackle? :eek:
Sounds more like a bear than a dog.

Photo, please :confused:

Ogri the trog ;)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
This is what its for
pete1116.JPG

This pic is the dartmoor meet at the end of october , he is 10 months old now and has put on another 10 kg !!
Yesterdays weigh in was 43.2kg
His name is Cody , but got the nickname of the Bacon Hunter whilst on Dartmoor.
Pumbaa

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I'd say that you don't just want a collar, but a harness too! That way you'll save loads on fuel and exercise the beast at the same time! I mean to say.. ANYthing with a 30" neck simply HAS to be capable of pulling a moderately sized cart.... ?

Edit to add that if he comes a-hunting my bacon on a cold and drizzly morning...

... He can have it! :lmao:

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
Howdy: Does your dog run free? A few years back there was an incident regarding dog collars near here. Seems a fellow was out hunting and his dog disappeared. Luckily, he had a radio tracking device on the dog's collar and tracked the transceiver to a pond.....the dog was nowhere to be seen but a huge alligator was visible in the pond. The property is located on Blackwater River State Forest in Florida so the guy called the forest rangers who showed up and shot the gator. They found the guy's dog in the gator's stomach, collar still attached and functioning. They also found more than a dozen other dog collars in the gator's gut as well. The oldest dated to 1981 and had a tag still on it with the dog's name and a telephone number.....the fellow dailed the number and asked the man who answered the phone if he had lost a dog named "Ranger" (or whatever the name was, I don't recall)......The man said, "Hell, yes. Lost him in the Blackwater River Forest back in the early '80's." How did you know?" Of course, the guy told him what had happened. True story. I think it could probably still be located in the files of our paper the Pensacola News Journal. Anyway, thought it was a damned good story and you all might enjoy it.....Best Luck, Bruce

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE