Do you have a kiln?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Palaeocory

Forager
Hi everyone,

I'm scrabbling around looking for a kiln or furnace I could use. You'd think I'd have an easy time in Oxfordshire with all the galleries and potters about, but lots of the ceramics places I phone don't have a kiln firing service. I'm also car-less and relying on friends to transport me and my things, so it's been a bit tricky!

I have 250 porcelain saucer-size lens-shaped pieces I need fired at 1200 degrees, for my PhD experiment. Willing to pay handsomly (as handsomely as unfunded self-employed students can anyway)!

Not very bushcraft, I guess I should get out there and make a kiln... but I dont think I have the energy or knowhow (or garden) to fire that many for that temperature for that long!

I use the pieces to teach stone knapping - I was supposed to be doing that in October but the place that did my items in Spring don't want to do them anymore (a few exploded in the kiln yipes).

If you or someone you know is not hours away from Oxford and would like to make some money firing my pieces, please get in touch...!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE