Delamere working weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I am hoping to get there just after four, but need to go out again for a couple of hours. But I have managed to get Sunday off:D :D .
There has been a slight change in where we are staying on site. We will be around the area of the low ropes assault course this time, they are having problems accessing the far side of the site due to mud and water:rolleyes: . It is closer to the car park and as a few people are bringing tipis and winter kit it should be a bit easier to carry the kit from the vehicles. The warden should be on site and will direct you to the area we have.

I have been asked if we will be a bit more discrete with sharps, scouts no longer carry knives on a belt and a few questions where asked last time we met:eek: :rolleyes: "Who are the strange men walking round with knives and axes, and why can't we?";)
It doesn't mean we can't use or take them by any means, just not on show when away from our area or working with them.:thanks:

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
well thanx agen another grate meet and i got to take down a holly tree :You_Rock_
nice one goose
and all others that were there
with spectial thanks to the bogg diveres :lmao:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just got home and prepped the 'shrooms that we collected, they are in the drier with some sliced onion so I don't have to carry a whole one next time! Had a really good time, as usual, I think the axe work was possibly my high light of the weekend.

Goose, what did I forget?!

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks guys for another great weekend, see you all again soon.
Cheers Goose.

Simon.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
So your going to get one then,?:cool: Do you think you will have one for Middlewood? it would be cool to have a whole bunch of them. I am going to have a look for the IPK's, sounds like a good idea for the floor thanks for that one.

Simon.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Not too sure about that! Telling her about Jo'anne losing her boot, taking a dip in the river and now the revelation that she has left her bag behind are making for a bad time for me for the coming few days!

:rolleyes:

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Not too sure about that! Telling her about Jo'anne losing her boot, taking a dip in the river and now the revelation that she has left her bag behind are making for a bad time for me for the coming few days!

:rolleyes:
I have her bag, I will put it in the post along with the knives:rolleyes: .

I got home about an hour ago I stayed an hour or two longer than everyone else having a brew and watching the squirrels and bunnies moving back in. I nearly put my hammock back up to stay another night, but decided a quiet week:nutkick: would be better than a very quiet night!

Thanks to everyone that came, the work is really appriciated as was the company:You_Rock_

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Funn'ly enough, I don't seem to be aching like I thought I would. Sat'day was hard work, but very satisfying. Hope it earned us a few brownie ppoints with the wardens office.

A good meet and thoroughly enjoyable, even humping trees around.
See you all at Middlewood.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Thanks for a great meet everyone.
The whole family had a great time. Tired today, but it's a good feeling :)

I've been processing some photos this morning, but I wish I'd taken before/after shots of the ditches. Ah well.

I think these photos do the atmosphere justice...

Corr found this while having a wee :)
dragonfly_small.jpg

After the work day, Andy still had enough energy to handle the kids
andy_teaching.jpg

Tried taking photos in the dark using my gorillapod - came out ok. This is Spam's Hex
golite_small.jpg

Woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning over the lake. This is my new Tentipi
reflected_tipi.jpg

And this is PJ McBear's new Bison and Aragorn's pitch
paul's_tipi.jpg

In fact there was a good showing of people testing their winter tipi kit.
Soar's, PJ McBear's and mine from front to back.
morning_tipis.jpg

My tipi again and Corr's DD hammock pitch
morning_tipi+corr_small.jpg

A huge amount of mushrooms were gathered by a foraging party for Sunday lunch.
All identified and prepared by Xylaria or "the mushroom lady" as she is affectionately known :)
mushroom_lady.jpg

If anyone wants a large version of any of these photos, let me know.
Cheers everyone
Alex

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Gutted not to see anyone. My only chance to get down was when Nat drove me down on Friday afternoon but no-one was there yet. I had a good walk around right down to our usual end hoping there may be one or two sneaked in early but alas there was no brew for me :(.

Ah well I'm glad all went well just really annoyed with disabling myself.

xylaria

Thingswelike your photos are fantastic. The sunday morning was blissful and your photo make it look it. The family atmosphere was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I really like the ditch clearing I dont ache much either, I have put it down to sleeping in a hammock not a bed afterwards.

I have just sliced and dried the bay boletes as this stops the cooked slug effect. I have also done a spore print and found out that what I thought was yellow swamp russulas are actually common yellow russulas and they taste mildly of marmite. Acquired taste but much better than the swamp yellows. So we know for next year that they can be eaten.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
sorry couldnt make it, looks like u all had a good time.
looks like ive got to finally get that tipi then!

See u at Middlewood all being well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE