Delamere working weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
spamel said:
I reckon if I get out tomorrow, I could get some snails and purge them during the week. How about it?

Oh, and I'll try most things, but I draw the line at testicles!.
They taste just like white pudding without the pepper, they are very soft. Never tried the fresh garden snail thing though but I am up for it.

Please tell me you're talking about the snails .. :eek:

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
No :nutkick:
Frys are seasonal I think the butchers only has them in occasionally, but they have white pudding all year round:confused: .

Do we need to bring garden gloves and spades etc or are these provided?

Depends what you are harvesting:yikes:

There are some tools and things but if you have your own stuff it may be better than getting two left gloves:rolleyes: .

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
So, is there a definitive list of people coming? I will be bringing Jo'anne, my eldest. Her first BCUK members meet, but she met with some British Blades people weekend before last.

Spamel + Jo'anne

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Goose
Spamel, plus Jo'anne
Wayland, if he is back
Thingswelike
PCMCBear
Aragorn
Soar
BDM
Corr
Wanderingstar + ben, cancelled(anniversary)
xylaria
ED's,possible(Vikings!)
Singeblister,cancelled(kids:rolleyes: )
Addo, cancelled(injured!)
Mattweir, possible(injured!)
Gailainne,possible

This is going from Corrs post, I reckon on about a dozen or so. Should be a quiet one but plenty of room round the fire, and the Stags breath may go further:D !

I may have to nip out for a couple of hours on Sunday, but trying to get out of it, work keeps encroaching on my social life:rant: .

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Will the tractor and wardens be about on Friday morning? Winter kit for a static meet is rather bulky, with Tundra, stove and blankets, i.e. 4 trips. Are we going to be in the same area?

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Thought I replied earlier to this!
No Problem Alex the more the merrier. Is it the first time you have put up the tipi?

The Warden may be around, but I said we would get there in the afternoon and there may be other people on site during the day, it is used regularly by the Police for training. Mind you it could give them something to work out with a bunch of kitted out bushcrafters turning up! If the warden and tractor isn't there when you arrive it may be best to wait for the heavy kit. I have asked for the same site as last time so it is a fair trek with all the gear!

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
well its onlt 2 days now :naughty: and i can get out of work erly on friday will get my kit rdy tonight and tomro pack the car friday morning and hed straght out of work as soon as i can get away (may try and bypass work alltogether :)

:You_Rock_ :lmao: :1244: :nana: :beerchug:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm gonna be arriving late as I have to wait for Jo'anne to leave school! On the Stags breath, I recieved an email yesterday saying that it has been sent by courier, let's hope it gets here in time. I can see no reason why not.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Thought I replied earlier to this!
No Problem Alex the more the merrier. Is it the first time you have put up the tipi?
Thanks Andy - we've put up the tent a couple of times now and it all seems straightforward. I've been experimenting with a tarp vestibule arrangement too, and making some pole hangers.
Looking forward to the meet.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
I hope to make it for some part of the weekend at least. I was also thinking of arranging a moot for the last weekend of October - haloween time and full moon - but never having done it before could do with some help. The site I have in mind is an 18 acre wood near Llangollen. The owner has given full permission and we can have a few fires. Plenty of space for hammocks and tents. The only downside is access. We will need to park about a mile from the wood (and pay the farmer). I'm sure we can arrange to collect kit with a 4 wheel drive though. If anybody has a parachute, experience etc and lives in the area then let me know.

I was thinking about getting a hog roast and some barrels of beer in too - make a party of it. Any thoughts, suggestions or offers of assistance are very welcome.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I hope to make it for some part of the weekend at least. I was also thinking of arranging a moot for the last weekend of October - haloween time and full moon - but never having done it before could do with some help. The site I have in mind is an 18 acre wood near Llangollen. The owner has given full permission and we can have a few fires. Plenty of space for hammocks and tents. The only downside is access. We will need to park about a mile from the wood (and pay the farmer). I'm sure we can arrange to collect kit with a 4 wheel drive though. If anybody has a parachute, experience etc and lives in the area then let me know.

I was thinking about getting a hog roast and some barrels of beer in too - make a party of it. Any thoughts, suggestions or offers of assistance are very welcome.

The main advice I could give is "book it and they will come!"
That is what I do, and it seems to work. I would keep an eye on other meets going on and book around them and look out that, for example, it doesn't immediately follow, or precede, another meet nearby as most will have trouble getting more than one weekend away a month. I would post dates and see what sort of response you get, I don't get anything in so I don't invest in it as such so if I expect 40 people and only half a dozen show for example nothing is spoiled or wasted.
Good luck with it, sounds like it could be good, I will try to make it but my weekends get pretty booked up at the moment two weekends at least away this month, dog bites me when I get home!

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I am going to try and get down during the day this weekend If I can. Work is riding me and the SWMBO hard to do overtime at the moment so If I can fend them off we will be there.
Greg

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
well im all packt just need to load the car in the morning will get away from work no later than 2 and i think it will be 1h drive from there may be les but i will be ther no later than 3pm and as erly as i can get out of not working and talking about going bushcrafting this weekend:naughty:

so i will see you all tomoro or when you show up "yakar"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE