Dark Age Meet - Post Mortem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Gutted I couldn't make this meet. Really gutted! So go on everyone, tell me how it went, and how great a time you had. Pictures would be good to really rub it in.

Started the new thread because I thought the other was a bit full.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Gutted I couldn't make this meet. Really gutted! So go on everyone, tell me how it went, and how great a time you had. Pictures would be good to really rub it in.

Started the new thread because I thought the other was a bit full.

I know what you mean PJ. I would have loved to have gone but I couldn't get the time off :(

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
That did come up, yes, and where is she? Gone to bed with a hot toddy (not Mary), using the last of my flippin' malt.

Flipin heck! that's a coincidence. Both Val and I have had really bad flu all week (that's why I pulled out). I went to fill my hip flask so I'd have a wee sip by the computer, and when I went for the bottle of Jura, found it was empty. I asked her where the Jura was and she told me she'd used it for the Toddy's we'd had each evening before bed. I asked her why she didn't just use the Sainsbury's own brand whisky and she said "Oh, that one was already open"! What can you say?

Eric

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
It was indeed a good meet Paul, you would have loved it. It was a tad cold friday (read flipping freezing!!) but a really fantastic experience. Ill post pictures just as soon as my computer stops giving me an error message...

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Yes it was a fantastic experiance, very nice village with very nice people

very chilled atmosphere, here's one pic for now i will put more on later,

Cant wait to go back, thanks for organizing this wayland, and thank you for the story on saturday night

072.jpg

001-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-5.jpg

009-6.jpg

013-4.jpg

023-3.jpg

027.jpg

029-1.jpg

060.jpg

i will put more on later

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Looks like a good weekend. I have just shown Lin the piccys and she asked......

"Why didnt we go"

Typical I didnt even mention it as it was valentines day weekend only to find out late we could of come.....story of my life.

Glad you all had a good weekend.

Greg

reddy

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
Lancashire
Great pictures, every credit to you all :)

Looking forward to reading more about the weekend and seeing more piccys :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Great Pictures Andy. I like that one of me showing John knotwork drawing , its like "spot the non-viking stuff" jetboil....builders mug....notepad!....

xylaria

Lovely pictures. Now I'm even more gutted I missed it.

Eric

Yeah!! We were all gutted that you missed it too. Those that know you wished you there and the rest of us all said "we wanted to meet eric". I have ye olde consumption too, but at least I was thoughful I turned up to cough and splutter my pestilance over the village:rolleyes: .
None of vistors would stay in our house for long once I started hacking up though, which was a shame, I quite liked having the trickle of joe public popping in for a chat.

Lovely weekend.
Thank you Wayland.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looks like you all had a great time, i'd definatley like to go to the next one if it happens.
The inside shots look very cosy, and the clothing looks great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE