Hand Forged Bearded Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
@Broch Just on the back of TeeDee’s post, I’m surprised you haven’t got an induction forge, be interested to hear your thoughts on those?

Sorry, I didn't actually answer your question! The induction forges appear extremely expensive to me, especially for casual use. The one I did look at was well over £2K and even then it was limited on the size workpiece you could get in it.

The forges we used at Oldfield were gas but I'm not sure how efficient they are or how practical it is to run one for home use.

No, if/when I build a forge it will be more traditional, albeit with an electric fan bellows I suspect.

Reactions: FerlasDave

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Not a problem. I totally get what you mean regarding anvils! I’ve wanted one for a while but never at a good price, the old piece of rail I have will have to do for now…

I’ve no idea about the cost of an induction forge, but they seem like the in thing on YouTube at the minute so I was just curious. I see the same issue regarding their size too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE