cowal way...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joeri

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2006
Netherlands
www.niceisotherwise.nl
HI everybody!

I'm thinking of walking the cowal way the first half of June and get a change to enjoy the beautifull scenery of Scotland...

Does anyone have any experience with the path? Looking for info on the signing, possibilities for wild camping and the surroundings in general. All comments are more than welcome! I will be glad to hear it!

thanks from Holland,

Joeri

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Well well well, it's a funny old world isn't it. I was born and brought up in and around Cowal and never new there was a' Cowal Way' It's always just been out there, just never official.. :lol: Since I don't have any experience of the path as such all I can do is comment on the area in general. It's great. Really great. As far as I know signing for the Cowal Way isn't that great, but local signing for places is, that and there aren't that many towns in that neck of the woods. Wild camping isn't a problem as long as you follow the usual rules and guidelines. There is lots of Forestry Commission woodland which usually isn't good for camping as such but along the route there are at least patches of broadleaf and pine.

Cheers, Nag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE