Christmas Moot - 9/10th Dec 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Was a great meetup, was good to catch up with people and to put some faces to names.

Thanks very much for organising this Tony and Swyn. Its a lovely site you have there Swyn, thanks for sharing it with us.

Also a big thumbs up for the underblanket, kept me nice and snug (other than my feet) all night long.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Best quote came from Mr Rimps,
"Women are all right but you can't beat the real deal!"
Not sure what he was going on about but it made us laugh I think he was quoting a chap he knew from his time in the Navy.

Ha ha!

Watching him fall out the the hammock twice in a row was funnier, the guy is a hero! Cheers for the bow drill lesson, I am determined to be a master by the summer moot! How crap was I? You made it look far to easy, (e.g i'll justt put my brew down, oh look an ember :rolleyes: )

Think I need to put some hours in, in the back garden. Finished my spoon whilst watching Life of Brian lastnight, turned out better than I thought it would. :)

Being a rookie the only thing about these moots seems to be that you come home with a huge wish list, and loads of things to think about. lmao:

e.g I must

1.Buy a Bark River Aurora Knife, with a Mini canadian (Cheers Bardster)
2. I must ditch my DD hammock as it is far too small, and get a magic kelly at the next group buy, or splash out on a hennessy.
3. I must get a underblanket and a new sleeping bag!
4. I must get a swandri jacket or shirt, as my smock melts very easily
5. I must buy a dutch oven for car camping, because they are the tits, a roast dinner in the bush!
6. I must get a leather belt for stropping (Cheers Jason)
7. I must become zen with my axe, thinking, concentrating, and visualising karate kid style, before I even pick it up, or I will loose my fingers, and a couple of pints of claret :)
8. I musn't carve towards that big artery in my leg, duh! (Cheers Wayne)
9. I must pick up an eat any freshroad kill that I find (Gobbler, that pigeon was manky)
10. Most importantly I should just chill, take my time with stuff, practice and it will all come together slowly!

All that to think about for the princely some of a tenner! Bargain!

:)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Yet more thanks to be heaped onto Sony and Twyn, a good time all around, faces new and old and compliments for the season to all ;)

Ogri the trog

PS mental note - must get my winter hammock rig sorted out!

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Another great moot! I'll also heap thanks and praises on Tony, Shelly, Swyn and Mrs Swyn. You're all stars. Great to catch up with you all again. Looking forward to the next one! :You_Rock_

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I would like to thank everyone at the moot for their warmth and hospitality. Your all stars. It was good to catch up with old friends and make some new ones.

A special mention to Swyn and his wife (sorry I am terrible with names) for their hard work and taking the time to make everyone one welcome. Mrs Swyns pheasant stew etc.

Cheers Tony I know you get some flak running this site but I hope meets like the weekend show that your efforts are worthwhile.

Highlight for me was watching the Red Kites and the tracking. Certainly plenty of wildlife shows that Swyn is doing a top job managing the site.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I only managed to get down yesterday for the day but sure was glad I did. Great to put some faces to names. Some seriously tasty scran on offer, the highlight of which came from Jason 'Seared Salmon' Sears :lmao: following excellent instruction from Tony. Judging by the speed this baby disappeared from the table I reckon that was all the proof needed as to how delicious this was :D. I also enjoyed the excellent branding and carving demo given by Longstrider around our particular little fire pit :lmao: ;) Cracking day, very well organised - well done and thanks to all who made it possible!

HPIM0005.jpg

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I have to say that the christmas moot was exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it - it really feels like the run-up to christmas now!

I had a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable time, thanks specifically to great mates around the cooking fire (Moduser, AndyN and Rich (Weekend Warrior?)), and good company everywhere else. I honestly can't believe we fitted it all in and still seemed to have time to relax.

A great weekend, many thanks once again to Sywn for getting us in there, Tony for organising it, and Moduser for the lift.

:You_Rock_

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Thanks from me to all those who came. I'm so glad that it was enjoyable and a pleasant break. We were lucky that the rain held off untill today!
Cheers from Swyn.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Excellent weekend, thanks to all who organised and contributed to it all. Twas good to see you all again and to meet new faces. Some lovely drinks got around, including Phils damson vodka and rich's mulled cider. some good food too, with the pheasant stew, and I am sure that the salmon was good too (if you like fish).
I didn't do many photo's, but the moon was showing well, so I got one of it....

moonagainuy9.jpg

Jon Pickett said:
Excellent weekend, thanks to all who organised and contributed to it all. Twas good to see you all again and to meet new faces. Some lovely drinks got around, including Phils damson vodka and rich's mulled cider. some good food too, with the pheasant stew, and I am sure that the salmon was good too (if you like fish).
I didn't do many photo's, but the moon was showing well, so I got one of it....

moonagainuy9.jpg

That's a great picture Jon :You_Rock_

Any chance of being able to get the full image from you via email?

Phil.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
That's a great picture Jon :You_Rock_

Any chance of being able to get the full image from you via email?

Phil.
Cheers Phil, can send you the full sized one, no probs, pm me your addy. I will send you the original and the cropped one as above....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh, you beasts!
I hate you all!
I could not go to the Moot as it clashed with the first weeks run of the play I am in and now you are all bragging about how Maaaarvelous it was!
I hate you all!
The least you could all do is try and come and see my play - A Christmas Carol by someone called "Dickens" - in Newcastle Emlyn in West Wales - there are still some tickets left (wed 13, thurs 14, fri 15 and twice on sat 16) .
Next year, if there is a clash, the producer can ram the script sideways... or make sure I am not the star/have a stand in available/reorg the run, coz I WILL BE THERE!
Actually luvvies, I dont hate you, I am just SCREAMINGLY ENVIOUS!
Hopefully I will be on other meets/moots before then - and, by the by, I am not actually a screaming luuvie, but only a fat, bearded, married, loony...
John

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
That pic is quality Jon.
I half remember you trying to prop yourself up against something to take more, you were a little unsteady.

Hope you had a nice birthday BTW ;)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
dommyracer said:
That pic is quality Jon.
I half remember you trying to prop yourself up against something to take more, you were a little unsteady.

Hope you had a nice birthday BTW
Lol, yes I was a bit unsteady and the side of the shed was a great help in holding the camera steady......
Lovely birthday, thank you.... :D

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I can only add to everyones elses comments.

Big thanks to George, Rich, Mrs Swyn, Jason, and everyone who kindly shared their knowledge and skills (just about everyone). Special thanks to Tony and Swyn who organised a great weekend at a great location.

Pablo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE