Christmas Moot - 9/10th Dec 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
9th - 10th Dec 2006

Come on, get it down in your diaries. It’s going to be a great get together :D

We can get a big barn (100x40) with space outside for camping and trees for hammocks, those that want to can kip in the barn.

It’s not far from either Princes Risborough and Great Missenden with easy access via the M40, M1, M25 etc (it’s a doable trip down on the M6).

Right then, here’s the address of the site.

The location is using OS Landranger map no 165. Grid 842 018. The village of Great Hampden. The site is Ferns Farm.

Postcode HP16 9RG

You can see it on the map here:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=484500&y=201500&z=5&sv=484500,201500&st=4&ar=N&dn=516

We’ll have a nice fire and we’ll get the barn warm (not with the big fire!) People can arrive from Sat morning and leave when convenient on Sunday, or just come for the evening, up to you. The idea is to have tables, chairs and bales so that we’re all comfortable, we can make Christmassy things to give to people or for ourselves or just hang out and have dinner together.

This will cost £10 per head, under 14’s free. I know it’s a while off but I need to secure this date and the venue so if you’re interested can you paypal the money through to shop@bushcraftuk.com or send a cheque to:
Bushcraft Media Ltd
PO Box 62
Llandysul
SA44 5WW

Please include your contact details.

This will be self catering (I know there’s quite a few that are already getting excited about sharing mulled wine!) There’s not going to be any organised workshops but as always people are going to share knowledge (I want to learn wreath making)

The barn’s been used for TV in the past Midsummer Murders and Redcaps, some of you might recognise it! It’s also easy to get to by train, from Birmingham coming into Risborough and from London into Missenden

It’s going to be a great get together, get the dates in your diary and don’t get caught up in the Christmas hubbub , come relax with friends. :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Excellent, I shall be there, will paypal when I know how many I will bring.
Are kids welcome, or are they shunned upon after the whistling (wasn't mine btw).............

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
oooooooOOOH Tone, my Mrs is going to love me thats my anniversary weekend. Let me see what I can do............It might cost alot of dosh but I reckon I can wangle it ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :confused: :D

I shall prob paypal within the week ;)

I'd defo be on for a Wales meet again :D

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Love to come. It'll be my first moot.
Apart from the obvious camping garb do I need to bring anything?
At the moment I'm free on the Friday so if there is any setting up required I could lend a hand.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Jon Pickett said:
Are kids welcome, or are they shunned upon after the whistling (wasn't mine btw).............

Sorry, I should have answered this before.

Yep, more than welcome. Mors was to blame for the whistles :27: equipping all the little ones with them :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE