Cherries

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
There was a Romanian maker of knives on here called Hellize a while ago. I knew him quite well and he sent me some alcohol he’d distilled from his trees. It was like the finest, highly alcoholic kirsch I’ve ever tasted. It was so strong in alcohol both my wife and I had to sit down immediately after taking a nip. I used a splash on the Christmas pudding and nearly took my eyebrows off, blue flames licked across the table. It was good stuff. :D

As there seems to be strong indication that I am going to be the Cheery Cherry King again this year from the amount of fruits already forming I'm keen to get this abundance given the TLC and fermentation it deserves.

Any idea if there was a recipe from Hellize or not?

EDIT- Was it this stuff ?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
As there seems to be strong indication that I am going to be the Cheery Cherry King again this year from the amount of fruits already forming I'm keen to get this abundance given the TLC and fermentation it deserves.

Any idea if there was a recipe from Hellize or not?

EDIT- Was it this stuff ?
No, it was clear like schnapps, highly distilled almost pure alcohol with an almondy taste after the mouth burn had relented.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Just made this one -Saturday 18th - Note to self:- need to adjust next Saturday.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE