Carrying your knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeS

Forager
Sep 5, 2005
Peterborough
Hi Everyone

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask for advise but I will give it a go anyway. :D

Can anyone give me some advise on the law regarding where and when it is acceptable to carry a knife when in woodland, both private and public.

Mike

Danzo

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 8, 2004
Close to Sherwood
Hi Mike

The law only covers 'Public Places' so you are generally OK on private land unless the public has access to it. This can include paying a fee to access othgerwise private land.

In public places you may carry any sort of knife if you have good reason to do so. Outdoor activities would normally be taken to be the good reason required, but a degree of common sense and discretion should be exercised; for example don't carry a sheathed knife on your belt whilst travelling to your 'outdoors destination' and keep axes packed away and covered.

Otherwise you may only carry a three inch blade penknife without a lock in public.

I'm the author of the article referred to above and one of the moderators of the Law section over at Britishblades so please PM me if you have any other questions.

Danzo

MikeS

Forager
Sep 5, 2005
Peterborough
Thanks Danzo

I have read your article and it has put my mind at rest. As I understand it as long as you are being sensible with your knife or other tool and don't take them into residential areas or towns then you should be OK.

Mike
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE