Carrying Charcloth...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Just had a brainwave about this last night - I've been making charcloth in rolls since I discovered this technique, and find the rolls are less fragile than sheets - however, they're still quite fragile.

Anyway, I made my last lot of rolls quite thin, and wanted something pipe-like to carry them in, and was in the pub last night with some friends, when I noticed a man smoking a cigar. I realised that cigars are very similar in shape (and burnability :) ) to charcloth, and noticed when he left that he left behind a small metal tube it came in, that looked like this:

http://www.bondpix.com/007028.htm

Its just the right size for my tinder rolls, and very lightweight (aluminium?) and most importantly free (assuming you can find a cigar smoker wherever you are...).

Thought I'd share it with you lot!

Edit: Just noticed on Ebay that you can buy leather and metal 'permanent' cigar cases of a similar design, if you wanted something more hardwearing!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE