Carbon cushion fungus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paulgosker

Jul 18, 2006
Ireland
HI guys,
Great community you have all made here. A real breath of fresh air! I was wondering what uses there are for carbon cushion fungus? (if there is any) Im seeing it all over the place and it seems like a waste not to find out if I can do anything with it.

Any info would be apreciated

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Hi Paul and welcome to BCUK.

I'm not aware of alot of it over here, more common in Ireland - Kretzschmaria deusta is it's proper name. Vicious killer of Beech trees. I don't know of any uses for it, but given the type of wood rot fungus you could try drying some out and put a firesteel to it.
let us know how you get on :)

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hiyah Paul G and welcome , welcome , welcome, to the forum.

So, seems you,ve cornered the market in having plenty of wherewithal to kill loads of Beech trees, :lmao: or not:

Theres bound to be someone here who can tell you a good use for yon fungi.

Meanwhiles, why not post up on the intro board and tell us all a little more about yourself.

You,ll find all sorts of interest here, experts wall to wall, and , according to a recent on-site survey, only 2% of us are relatively sane, or something like that. :confused:

Ceeg

paulgosker

Jul 18, 2006
Ireland
Cheers lads,
Will post a little about myself on the intro forum now, and since im here, I guess the sanity level will drop to 1.9% ;)

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Can hardly find a site on it, so I'd assume it's relatively useless. But like Marts said, try using it as tinder, might work :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE