Call me ... Humpback

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Evening all.
I have been around for a little while and have gleaned plenty of useful information from searching the archives. As my membership badge arrived on Friday I thought it was about time I introduced myself. Humpback refers to my shape when I pack all me 'essential' gear!
Based in Walsall, (J10 M6), I tend to wander about Cannock Chase or Wyre Forest, but not as often as I would like to since my main hobby, scuba diving, takes up a lot of my spare time.
Any recommendations for patches local to me especially where camping out is possible would be much appreciated.
I have a hammock system which I'm still getting used to but my garden does not have suitable trees for backyard camp practice!
I particularly want to learn canadian canoeing with a view to canoe camping in due course.
Hope thats enough biography for now. Check my profile for eye colour and inside leg masurement.
Regards
Alan

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Welcome Humpback. Come and get smoky by the fire side.

That canoe idea .... mmmm. I fancied Canada for about a month.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welcome and hello!
If you are serious about the canoeing and can make it to West Wales I can offer discounted canoe instruction - I am a level 4 coach in open canoes - and if a couple of novices want to get together it gets even cheaper individually as I charge by the day, not per person. I can only kit out a couple of people with gear but if you bring your own I will coach up to six people in a session.
John

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
John Fenna said:
Welcome and hello!
If you are serious about the canoeing and can make it to West Wales I can offer discounted canoe instruction - I am a level 4 coach in open canoes - and if a couple of novices want to get together it gets even cheaper individually as I charge by the day, not per person. I can only kit out a couple of people with gear but if you bring your own I will coach up to six people in a session.
John

Thanks John
Yes I'm keen to learn canadian canoe skills and can travel down to you. I'll send you a PM and we can see what dates are suitable.
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has an interest in open canoes; perhaps you could advertise your training facilities in a new thread?
Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE