Cairngorms fun, this time with pulks!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Great tripreport!

I do think that using a pulk in these conditions was a bit optimistic though. Maybe too little snow under the bough?

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Excellent pics guys, looks like a great trip. You've got me thinking I need to get a Puppy Pulk, at last Ciara could be useful then and she's going to love all your new down stuff Rich :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great tripreport!

I do think that using a pulk in these conditions was a bit optimistic though. Maybe too little snow under the bough?

It turned out to be okay in the Landrover tracks, progress was quite good really. I imagine the pulks will be harder work in deeper snow but we'll see soon.

Oooh, how i miss Scotland when i see this. Brilliant trip, looks like. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks jorn, it was a great trip

Excellent pics guys, looks like a great trip. You've got me thinking I need to get a Puppy Pulk, at last Ciara could be useful then and she's going to love all your new down stuff Rich :D

Ooh puppy pulk, now there's a good idea. I can imagine you'll have to pull it for her though mate, I can just see the look on her face when you shout mush mush. As long as she wipes her feet she's welcome in my hammock :)

Looks great! Love the idea of the snowy camp!

Not quite as much snow as we'd have liked but it was great to be out in the cold again.

furryface

Jul 8, 2011
cornwalll
what a way to spend the weekend.looked like a great trip. thanks for sharing and making me so incredibly jealous.am looking forward to reading about the next trip.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
250 EUR for that Klattermusens... uuffff:)

Nice kegs though :)

I tried a pair on in Aviemore. They are, without doubt the nicest trousers I have ever tried on.

Cheers for the pics Rich, got me missing it again already.

I can tell your feet are itching Rich, won't be long now :)

what a way to spend the weekend.looked like a great trip. thanks for sharing and making me so incredibly jealous.am looking forward to reading about the next trip.

Thanks FF

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Looks like fun was had ~ learning through play, a job nicely done!

_Interesting_ pack ~ unusual to have ones guts on display :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like fun was had ~ learning through play, a job nicely done!

_Interesting_ pack ~ unusual to have ones guts on display :D

Lol, that's just a mesh pocket on the outside, handy for loads of little stuff meaning I can cram the main compartment with toasty down goodies :)

Looks like a great weekend guys.Did you log your trip to Google maps? Does anyone here do that? Now for a little forum search :D

Not this time Craeg, I use it sometimes for planning though, especially on the longer canoe trips

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Lol, that's just a mesh pocket on the outside, handy for loads of little stuff meaning I can cram the main compartment with toasty down goodies :)

:rofl: Not as flat as it looks then ~ more a pregnant 'kit bump' :rofl: . For a moment there I thought someone was doing a top loader with an almost clear silnylon front to aid quick location of 'stuff'* :rolleyes: .

* Because, as we all know, 'stuff' seems to end up being not where you remember putting it :eek:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
:rofl: Not as flat as it looks then ~ more a pregnant 'kit bump' :rofl: . For a moment there I thought someone was doing a top loader with an almost clear silnylon front to aid quick location of 'stuff'* :rolleyes: .

* Because, as we all know, 'stuff' seems to end up being not where you remember putting it :eek:

I think Alpkit do some if that's your bag (pun intended)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE