Buy once/ last a lifetime / indestructible clothing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Morph

Aug 19, 2009
Out Back
When the wind swings round to a Northerly or Easterly (as it just has) and there is an extra nip in the air, I wheel out a 1990's vintage Swedish army M90 cold weather coat. For such a lightly padded coat, it is amazingly warm and it keeps your body heat whwere you want it ! It is long and tough and paired with a lightweight fleece underneath, some gloves and a warm hat - good to go ;)

Morph

Aug 19, 2009
Out Back
Yes indeed !! However for best effect, pair it with the matching Swedish cold weather hat and a pair of knee length leather yard boots - makes you look like a film extra from "Stalingrad" !!
:bigok:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just looking at getting some new boots. My Bates GX8 have started to leak after 10 years of winter use. Not hard use, but daily dog walks when it’s wet out. They’ve been faultless, really light, comfortable, and totally waterproof. All I ever treated them with is Sno-Seal once a year, liberally applied and blasted in with a hairdryer.

I’d have another pair in a pinch, amazing longevity in a boot of this type, but I just don’t want that black tactical police look again.

IMG_3621.jpegIMG_3620.jpeg

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I am 4 years in to a pair of Altberg Defenders I got from a surplus place in Essex. Hands down they are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned, and the workmanship is faultless. I paid £40 for mine in supergrade condition but I would pay full price for these

Reactions: Glass-Wood-Steel

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I am similarly attached to my Lowa Renegades. Incredibly comfortable straight out of the box and so far pretty bomb proof. Will likely get yet another pair after these ones get used into oblivion, as I’ve yet to find a pair of boots which are truly ‘buy it once’ with enough use.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Yes indeed !! However for best effect, pair it with the matching Swedish cold weather hat and a pair of knee length leather yard boots - makes you look like a film extra from "Stalingrad" !!
:bigok:
Used to wear mine watching my kids football teams. Wish I tried that outfit. Might not have had to put up with foul mouthed cheeky parents who were so called expects at football and their kids future premiership players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morph and Ozmundo

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have fairly recently discovered Swedish surplus and I have to say in this weather it really is the dogs doodahs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE