bushcraft in the midlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Jon, am in Malvern, so not that many miles away. I generally just use our local woods but, i do know that somebody on here has a really good camp site (allowing fires etc) over near Ross on wye (not that far for a weekend break), but i can't remember who it was (brain like a sieve :rolleyes: )
Always happy to meet up with others from here and always up for a day or two out and about.
Baggins

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I am from north staffordshire. I am the stuffing-me-face-with-wild-goodies type of bushcrafter. I know what you mean about the rest of the country seem to be doing more interesting stuff. At the moment I wish I lived in kent, they seem to be doing some really good foraging and exchanging some really interesting skills.

We have been trying to organise a midlands moot for easter. :D Look on the meet up page.

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
Hi guys

I am from Shropshire and me and my mate Neil get out when we can, overnights four or five times a year (family commitments with a 1 year old son stop any more).

We usually head for the local woods, we make sure that we are as discrete as possible and sensible - no fires in high summer etc. The good news is that no one seems to bother us. We generally recce out potentail camps over a few weeks on regular dog walks so we have a good idea of the environment etc.

We are very lucky to have both the Wyre Forest and the Mortimer Forest on our doorsteps. I am sure that there are people the country over doing what we do, just spending a night in the woods.

I do like the idea of a Midlands Moot, not too far to travel.

Regards

Stewey. :D

ikabod

Jul 7, 2006
bilston
Pretty much the same here in Wolverhampton,just a case of getting out in the backwoods and foreging what you can ,when you can. No real clubs or meets that i know ofbut i may be wrong , it's a fairly common occurance. :lmao: A midlands moot sounds great so lets get it on.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Someone floated this a while ago. There were thoughts of maybe a scout site at Kinver Edge or Beaudesert on Cannock Chase but those "in the know" said the Scout Association probably wouldn't agree. I think it comes down to finding a suitable site which would grant permission...and then the issue of insurance :( In the meantime it's a question of practice what you can where you're able....

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
hello and welcome ikabod, i think if you are in the midlands it a bit of a case of
backgarden bushcraft or nothing at the mo.
chris
PS
my sister used to say that bilston was the centre of the universe !?

paulcd

Tenderfoot
baggins said:
Hi Jon, am in Malvern, so not that many miles away. I generally just use our local woods but, i do know that somebody on here has a really good camp site (allowing fires etc) over near Ross on wye (not that far for a weekend break), but i can't remember who it was (brain like a sieve :rolleyes: )
Always happy to meet up with others from here and always up for a day or two out and about.
Baggins
Hi
You meant us near Hay-on-Wye! www.yellowwood.co.uk ...would be very happy to help organise a meet...just in the midlands! About 20 mins from Leominster or Hereford.
Anyway, baggins, I thought you'd be in BC by now? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE