burning the ashen faggot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
Strange old traditions abound down here.I've done a bit of wassailing but this was a new one on me :
burning the ashen faggot
I will certainly be gathering a bundle of Ash and binding it with hazel to burn on Saturday night. It will have to be outside though - birds nest in the chimney!
Any other good seasonal traditions out there that people actually do in the old way?

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
If it's still okay I'll just take the cider and brandy from that particular tradition - my chimney smokes like a puffing billy.

In case you are considering passing the 'quart' of cider around. I believe it's just under a litre...

:beerchug:

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
redcollective said:
In case you are considering passing the 'quart' of cider around. I believe it's just under a litre...

That must just be in yorkshire then :) ... a quart is two pints everywhere else (a litre being 1.7 pints).

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
[size=+1]Sorry about the American Imperialism, if you will excuse the pun:

1 Imperial quart = 1.13652297 litres
[/size][size=+1]1 US quart = 0.94635295 litres

However I can see your reason for insisting on two pints to the quart, and hope you have a Merry old time attempting it. I think I'd be flat out by about the 3rd 'quart' :lol:

:)[/size]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE