Broke my spork...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
These are good, I've been using them for a few years now with no issues.

[video=youtube;rcQt2PczuuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcQt2PczuuI[/video]

I also have the smaller microbites version.

[video=youtube;OXevqzXgH10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXevqzXgH10[/video]

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
You've never eaten soup with a Japanese person then. :eek: Or you could just use your mug.

i find it less messy then with a spoon- here in japan (and korea) you hold the soup bowl in one hand, chopsticks in the other- you use the chopsticks for the big(ger) pieces and drink the liquid :cool:

Hahaha, I know. I spent some time in Japan back in '88' '89'.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
All I need (representative)-
attachment.php

attachment.php

And if all else fails Mr. Fenna there's always these...

hands.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Broke my placky spork when squeezing a teabag against the side of my mug ages ago.
Then helped a mate calibrate her rally computer thing for a rally in Africa and by way of thanks she kindly bought me a titanium one instead.

Its been living in the van and got regular use since then, weight isn't an issue but its a good size and shape and I've not seen one better.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
And if all else fails Mr. Fenna there's always these...

hands.jpg

I think I may struggle eating my dinner with priceless Cartoons by Leonardo! - I have found that when you wash them they turn to pulp and the museum I borrowed them from got a bit huffy....

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Titanium sporks are great, till your wife mistakenly chucks them out with a nice little tanto and the post lunch rubbish into a BIG DEEP rubbish container on a Pyrenean campsite........

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
This is why people stress the importance of good cordage, providing you've got that she can at least climb down into the container and get it back.

DB

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I think I may struggle eating my dinner with priceless Cartoons by Leonardo! - I have found that when you wash them they turn to pulp and the museum I borrowed them from got a bit huffy....

And depending on what Da Vinci used to whiten his paper back then, it could significantly spoil the taste of your food John! :p

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
An update:

I wrote to Light My Fire asking if this was a known issue or just a random occurrence. I got a nice email back asking for my address and preferred colour as they would like to send me a replacement spork.

Today a package arrived in the post from Sweden. In side was a small card, a purple spork... and a blue spork and a spork case. Once again I have a purple spork to eat my lunch with in the woods. Great service from Light My Fire.

J

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
If I knew how to post photos I'd show you the latest in a long line of wooden sporks I have carved myself with a craftsman made knife which I acquired through barter. I do so love to eat food I have grown and cooked myself with a spoon I made out of a bowl which I have also made.

I'm willing to bet I'm not alone in this among visitors to this site. We do aspire to be bushcrafters, not consumers of a plastic, shop-bought throwaway culture.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE