Britton Wood Derbyshire meet 30th August to 1st September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
My apologies folks. I should have read the fine print in more detail.
As cheap n social as this meet is , the below rule is a major put down my kin folk an me.

No ground fires apart from the communal fire
So im going to give backword an step out from attending.
It's for no other reason than that. Enjoy yersens folks an for them I've yet to meet......there's plenty more seasons in me yit ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
My apologies folks. I should have read the fine print in more detail.
As cheap n social as this meet is , the below rule is a major put down my kin folk an me.

So im going to give backword an step out from attending.
It's for no other reason than that. Enjoy yersens folks an for them I've yet to meet......there's plenty more seasons in me yit ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

you have PM

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I had only be loking at the groud thread and not this one - if anyone has a dutch oven or similar they could bring that would be great. I need three for tonight's meal and I have only one. Matt I think has another so I nee d a third.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Does it need to be the cast iron style thingy Chris or would just a big pan with a lid do the job?

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Stu

I need another dutch oven for the humungous quantity of hash - probably from Matt?

But the (ready made yesterday) mashed potato just needs warming through so I guess any old BIG pan with a lid will do

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks Matt for another brilliant weekend - good weather, no members of the public passing nearby, tried out a new tarp, met several new people, got on with some (site) projects and the communal cooking went well - gives more time for general chat/chilling out - so a very good time.

Particular thanks to folk for letting me practice my 'taking pictures of people'. If any of:

Andy
Elen
Ged
Matt
Si

want the pictures (ie head-type shots rather than distance ones -) then just PM me with an e-mail address and I will send them. They will be reduced (in megabyte terms) to make them easier to e-mail so should anyone actually want to print one off just let me know and I will send a bigger file.

One picture I took is called, 'Spot the deliberate mistake'

2013+08+31_2027.JPG

I won't embarrass anyone by naming the culprit.

Of course, others may not have the same scruples .......

Hope the walkers who left early (?) on Saturday morning had a good time too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
One picture I took is called, 'Spot the deliberate mistake'

2013+08+31_2027.JPG

I won't embarrass anyone by naming the culprit.

Of course, others may not have the same scruples .......

Hope the walkers who left early (?) on Saturday morning had a good time too.

Ha ha ha, that's a classic

I'm guessing it was Matt, he looked a bit ropey come bed time on Friday night :)

The walk up Kinder was really nice, fairly bleak and blowy on the top at camp but we were all cosy in our various shelters. I left the others to it this morning when I left at 8 o'clock, the winds were picking up in the valley when I reached the car so I imagine they had good fun packing up.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
I'm guessing it was Matt, he looked a bit ropey come bed time on Friday night :)

Thanks for that Rich even I wouldn't have done that ;) I felt OK in the morning

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It was a grand w/end, thank you Matt and everyone, and it was very good to meet folk at last. Nice to have a quiet space and loved the communal cooking. The Table is very good, will get my pix of its construction up tomorrow. I love work, I could watch it all day especially in good company! And chanting for the pile-driving was good fun :D.

behind every creative woman there's usually a very talented cat ...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good meet you at last Elen, even if it was only briefly.

Thanks for the go in the Ridgerunner, it's in a whole different league to the last bridge I had. We need to chat about ordering gear at some point, let me see what's happening about a snowboarding trip at Xmas and then I'll know what funds I have spare.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Sorry I left early chaps, but really did enjoy the time I was there. I really do need an underquilt, with some other bits and bobs. I shall be busy in the next few weeks. Thanks for the food, it really did make the hole experience easier for me.
Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE