British Military, Five man Arctic Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Pick up this critter over the weekend a British Military five man arctic tent :),

Cotton rip-stop outer with a cotton liner the weight quoted for the tent was 40 kilo but no way maybe with the issue pegs , liner and ground sheet I will be surprised if its 20 kilo as it stands ,

Snow valance all round ,

A zipped cover with a mesh cooking vent below, woundnt take a lot to fit a stove jack ;)

High level vents front and rear

More ventilation on the liner doors,

On the liner another mesh to line up with the cooking port ,

loads of hanging lines to dry kit ,

And a hook to hang a lantern as heat for drying kit

Packed

I will change the guys add line locks and pegs and its ready to play .

Twodogs

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's nice Twodogs, looks in perfect nick too. Were you looking for one or was it an impulse buy? There's lot's of good times away to be had with it.
GB.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Awsome mate iv eyed these up a few times at army surplus, I sometimes use a 2man version in winter, also quite heavy but very well made, cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ooh that's nice, good find

So the smaller arctic tents didn't have stoves, was it just a case of good sleeping bags?

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice tent Cliff, where were the missing poles? The stove jack would be a great mod, love these old tents

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Yep as far as I know the British Military don't get issued wood burning stoves this tent is stamped 1986 so the issue stove for cooking and snow melting was the colman peck one with its alloy cook kit .
when at rest in the tent the lads would be in the arctic feather and down bag .

Twodogs

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE