British army ligthweight trouser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Agile said:
# Rupert, current British Military slang for an over-educated but worthless officer, a sterotypical 'Upper-Class twit', whose time is spent at 'gentlemanly pursuits' rather than Soldiery. Possibly because of the codename of the Paradummy, A slightly more useful comrade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert

Glad I don't fit into that criteria...:)

LS

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mikey P said:
How about, 'Sir'? :D

It might be 'Rodney'...I'm the wrong service to know with any authority. :dunno:

They are all Ruperts or Rodneys what ever the service - the best example for a Rupert / Rodney (whichever you prefer) is Captain Darling in Blackadder IV.:lmao:

Don't get me wrong, you do get the occasional Officer who is decent and doesn't look down the end of his/her nose at you, but they are far and few between.
In the 12yrs I spent in the Army - I think I can only count the number of really decent officers on one hand that I met!
The worst one was a Royal Signals Radio Tech Corporal that we all new as one of the lads.
He applied for a commision and was accepted then came back as our Troop Commander, and thought that he was the best thing since sliced bread and we were his subjects.
Needless to say any respect he had before evaporated the first day he took the troop inspection!

Ooops going on a bit, sorry!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE